“Average food, average service”

Lucky Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 72 Restaurants in Manukau
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 11, 2015

We went there with a few friends for dinner.

My pet hate with Chinese or ethnic eating places - service staff who can barely communicate in English.

Food is okay, typically Hong Kong cooking style. The long green beans were good. Portion size is small compared to other similar Chinese eating places while the price / cost is higher.

There are better choices around Howick / Pakuranga vicinity.

Reviewed January 7, 2015

There are quite a lot of eateries in Somerville; most of them are small ones and Lucky Seafood is considered a comparatively bigger one. I was there for yum-cha. Customers look mostly like locals who like to take care of themselves in term of services. Dim-sums (small dishes) are pushed out in trolleys or brought in trays, and stopped at the customers' tables for choosing. Food, in generally, is average - a bit better than a stomach-filler.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I attended a wedding dinner held at this restaurant. Appetizers were deep fried spring rolls and wanton. It was acceptable. The lobster noodles were very tasty and is recommended. I also liked the yam basket which was well done. The steamed salmon with black beans was very good. I was not impressed with the Prawn balls but the rest of the people on the table seem to like it. The sweet sour pork chops were decent and so was the lamb chops. The portions were huge so by this time, I gave up. The roast chicken looked good but I gave it a miss.. Service was acceptable but what I liked was the food came out hot despite it being a wedding dinner..

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Good food! Reasonable price! Tidy environment!
However, it is such a big restaurant but not enough parking and way from enough staff!

Cuisine: Chinese Guangdong or Hong Kong food.
Price: We ordered 3 dishes more than enough for us 2 big stomachs, cost $59

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I invited a friend, his wife and children for dinner. The food was quite ok but the service and waiting time is very poor. We had to wait one hour before we got our roasted duck. On top of this we were overcharged due to bill addition error. Only managed to get a refund after much hassle.
The lady boss needs some training in customer service to improve on her rudeness!

1  Thank NG0126