It is fair enough to have to pay a premium price for staying close to the Whakapapa ski field at Mount Ruapehu and enjoy the wonderful scenery. But sadly the management have not done much to keep the hotel well maintained. The carpet in our room was badly stained and had ripped areas. The same with the duvet. But overall it was clean enough. The meal that we had in the restaurant was not too bad and the staff were friendly enough but not well trained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Skotel was established in the early 60s by a group of keen skiers who wanted the convenience of accommodation close to the ski-fields but more comfort than the ski lodges of that time. In 1986 it underwent a major expansion with the addition of restaurant, bar and other facilities. The old part of the building became the backpacker’s wing. Skotel has maintained its friendly informal atmosphere but now provides Qualmark three star accommodation and the exciting cuisine experiences of our new dinner menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Skotel Alpine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skotel Alpine Hotel Whakapapa Village
- Holiday Inn Tongariro National Park