We stayed in the Backpackers room for one visit and i thought it was great value and really tidy with access to kitchen and lounge. I didnt really mind the graffitti it added to the character- and it was very cheap to sleep 4 (most room sleep 3)
The second time we stayed in the far more expensive Queen room with bunks at the other end of the hotel. The only issue i have is the Squeaky Bunks! every time my daughter moved around there was loud squeaking!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Skotel was established in the early 60s by a group of keen skiers who wanted the convenience of accommodation close to the ski-fields but more comfort than the ski lodges of that time. In 1986 it underwent a major expansion with the addition of restaurant, bar and other facilities. The old part of the building became the backpacker’s wing. Skotel has maintained its friendly informal atmosphere but now provides Qualmark three star accommodation and the exciting cuisine experiences of our new dinner menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca and Cancelon so you can book your Skotel Alpine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skotel Alpine Hotel Whakapapa Village
- Holiday Inn Tongariro National Park