We stayed for two nights in a Superior Queen room and found it was good. The lockwood construction gives it a cosy feeling and even though we were warned that there may be loud creaks during the night, we never experienced this issue. The location is excellent: A short to walk to the visitor centre or the Chateaux. We ended up eating in the restaurant on both nights and the service was excellent and the food was good.
Our young daughter was mesmerized by the beautiful fish tank in the restaurant and was given pencils and a coloring pages to keep her occupied while we were eating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Skotel was established in the early 60s by a group of keen skiers who wanted the convenience of accommodation close to the ski-fields but more comfort than the ski lodges of that time. In 1986 it underwent a major expansion with the addition of restaurant, bar and other facilities. The old part of the building became the backpacker’s wing. Skotel has maintained its friendly informal atmosphere but now provides Qualmark three star accommodation and the exciting cuisine experiences of our new dinner menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Skotel Alpine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skotel Alpine Hotel Whakapapa Village
- Holiday Inn Tongariro National Park