We purchased the Tongariro Crossing Grabone package and I couldn't fault a thing! We had the superior room at Skotel which looked straight out onto Tongariro and Ngauruhoe mountains - just spectacular waking up to that each morning! The staff at Skotel were extremely welcoming, helpful and friendly. The food at Skotel was amazing, we had full breakfasts included each morning where we could choose from continental and also a hot breakfast. They were huge meals and delicious! Poached eggs on toast with bacon and mushroom were the favourites. The spa at Skotel was lovely, after a big day of walking this was just what we wanted. Half hour time slots were perfect and plenty of time to soak the muscles. Skotel had a very cosy feel to it which we thoroughly enjoyed. Would recommend this place to anyone absolutely loved our weekend away here and will most certainly be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Skotel was established in the early 60s by a group of keen skiers who wanted the convenience of accommodation close to the ski-fields but more comfort than the ski lodges of that time. In 1986 it underwent a major expansion with the addition of restaurant, bar and other facilities. The old part of the building became the backpacker’s wing. Skotel has maintained its friendly informal atmosphere but now provides Qualmark three star accommodation and the exciting cuisine experiences of our new dinner menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Skotel Alpine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skotel Alpine Hotel Whakapapa Village
- Holiday Inn Tongariro National Park