Aquarius Beach Tower
Micro Beach Hotel(Chalan Kanoa)
US$68
US$64
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Isla Bonita(Chalan Kanoa)
TripAdvisor
Olive Guesthouse(Chalan Kanoa)
Agoda.com
All reviewswasher and dryerhome away from homefull kitchengreat place to staybedroom suitehotel roomrooms are spaciousdish soappots and pansan extended stayoceanaccommodationscondominiumkfcstaycationguam
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Found this hotel on tripadvisor. My brother and I (70's) and my two sons (40's) started a tour of WWII sites in Guam. When we flew to Saipan, we were met by the courtesy bus...which had waited an hour for our plane which was late.

Good location (on the beach) and away from the swarms of "high roller" tourists from the far east who crowded the more "downtown" areas.

We had a three bedroom suite with all the accommodations your could want. Facilities are well maintained and $137 a night for a suite was a pleasant surprise. good washer and dryer in the suite, coffee maker, fridge, stove, etc.

Staff just a joy. We had heard what a pleasant people the "Guamians/Chamorros" were but they were more than we expected. Smiling, accommodating, pleasant and full of good humor. They pointed us to restaurants, good rental car deals and anything we asked.

When we finished our touring and left, the courtesy van driver discerned that we were touring the WWII sites. He then took us to 3 very historically interesting sites that were on no map (that we had) and appeared that few "tourists" ever got to see. What a pleasure. More than that, he was pleasantly chatty about the island, its people, its economy and more.

By the way, we stayed in Hilton's the other parts of the trip - this was better. If we ever return to Saipan, the Aquarius is where we'll stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Meritas
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I checked in recently and was thrilled to discover that my room had been recently remodeled. The rooms are large condo style rooms but in the past they had needed updating. Well its happening, new tile, new carpet, fresh paint, new granite counter tops, etc. I can see that other rooms are being worked on as well, but I dont know if they are going to do all of them or just some. Either way my 3rd floor ocean front room is a real treat. Get in for a stay before the rates go up.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Picture Hawaii in the 1950s before madness arrived. That is Saipan. There are hotels on Saipan that are expensive and exotic, but if you want a clean place on the beach at an extraordinary price, you really cannot beat Aquarius. I have stayed there three weeks in the past year and have enjoyed every minute. The rooms are suites--absolutely massive, with a full kitchen (and all its plates and utensils); washer and dryer, bathroom with bath/shower combo, large living room, spacious walk-in closet, and tons of storage space. I believe the hotel was originally intended to be a condo complex, which explains why the rooms are so huge.

The backyard of the Aquarius is the pristine, white sandy beach, so if you are on that side, your view of the sunsets is magnificent. Even the street side is not so bad, overlooking the mountains and the sunrise. The walls of glass doors provide an open and spacious feel.

OK, now for some of the minor complaints. The amenities are really the absolute basic: towels are clean, but depending on the day, you may or may not have hand towels and face towels. The soap, shampoo, and lotion are really basic quality, so bring your own shampoo, etc., if this matters to you. The couch and chairs gave me a backache that would not end: I noted one in the hall one day and saw that the couch was no more than some cushions on a hard, wood frame. In brief, they are clean and decent looking, but I suspect very cheap.

The employees and manager are just lovely, which is in keeping with the welcoming nature of all people on Saipan. If you request transportation to and from the airport in advance, there is no charge. One of the local restaurants will deliver breakfast for you if you don't feel like cooking. (The hotel had a free continental breakfast in the past, but no longer.) Grocery stores are a few minutes away if you do wish to cook. Try the local pastries. Wonderful, stuffed yeast buns with everything from cream cheese to sweet bean paste to ham and cheese.

All in all, this is a wonderful value and a clean, safe hotel with a stunning location on the beach. Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank LAPlatinum
Reviewed November 14, 2009

My wife and I stayed there for a week in September. Although the rooms were large and it has most amenities, it was in bad need of a paint job, new furniture and new carpeting. It is also very far from the main section of town and we had to take a taxi every time that we wanted to go anywhere. Also, the beach has no chairs, umbrellas or drinks and they have no pool. There are also no restaurants in the hotel. Just too much money for what you are getting.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShirleySpeer
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I stayed at the Aquarius for the second time recently, this time for about three weeks. I stayed on the 5th floor this time and the mountain view was great. The wireless internet was no hassel once I got onto a lower floor, originally I was on the 10th which has no WiFi installed yet. Internet is available on the first 5 floors and in the lobby as far as I could tell. The room I was in was really large and comfortable. As most everyone who has stayed there notices the carpets were a little stained and the walls could use a fresh coat of paint, but it is still a great deal for the money. I will stay again if i get to go back to Saipan.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business