All reviewsbit datedroom servicebeach barprivate beachsouth wingamerican memorial parkfitness centerwarm waterhotel groundsrelaxing environmentchinese touristsshopping areavery nice hotelmanagaha islandwifi is freeper dayan upgrade
Reviewed January 29, 2018

The staff was probably the best I have ever seen or had business with. The hotel was doing some renovations, rooms smelled strongly of paint, missing furniture, WiFi was spuratic at best, no water pressure in the shower and the water temperature consistently fluctuated. Views were amazing and the food was good.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank T1243RPjohns
Reviewed January 23, 2018

To tell the truth, my two-day experience in Hyatt Regency Saipan was really bad. I cannot imagine a 5-star rating hotel can be like this. For my room, first, there is a pungent bad smell in the room like entering a toilet. Second, the carpet looks really really really dirty. Third, the humidity in the room is so high that I felt the quilt and the sheet are wet. Yes..It's near the sea, but you should take some measure to solve the issue. Last, the service was not efficient. I asked for house keeping in the morning when we went out, but the room was not cleaned even when we came back 5 hours later. I don't know whether or not it happens only to me. Based on these bad experience above, I have to give a low grade for this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2018

This is one of the nicest hotels on Saipan. That being said--you're on an island. Everything is a little run down, nothing is posh like in Tokyo or Seoul. However, Sunday brunch is amazing! If you're on this island, it's a must.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2018

Hyatt regency Saipan shouldn't have used the name of Hyatt. They don't have any good facilities n service. The staff in concierge should learn how to behave for customers. Smelly and wetty in room, Unkind concierge, Dirty swimming pool and too expensive.
I think the small guest houses are better than Hyatt regency Saipan.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank sheila0112
Reviewed January 16, 2018

Staff was very accommodating and friendly. I'd like to thank Nick Nishikawa, General Manager, for his going above and beyond for us.

The hotel, particularly the guest rooms themselves, is a bit dated. Some nights, there were live performers in the courtyard rather late (once going past 10 pm).

The Internet access is free (1 Mbps) or can be purchased (3 Mbps) for $12/24 hr. You can connect up to 6 devices with either plan, or you can purchase additional plans if you go beyond 6. Actually, this allows you to "purchase" multiple free plans for as many devices as you have. Sometimes, the speed drops quite a bit, which seems fairly typical in the islands.

All rooms face the beautifully landscaped courtyard area and the sea. The only view advantage is that the higher floors are apparently sold as "view" rooms merely because of the higher elevation.

Getting a club room gives access to the Hyatt Club, where they serve soup, appetizers, and even offer you a plate of eggs and sausage. (I didn't go in the evening to see the offerings.) This makes the Club rooms a better value, as you basically get a full breakfast.

This is currently a category 2 property in the World of Hyatt program, bookable for as little as 8,000 points/night (12,000 for Club room). Considering the room prices, it is a solid point value. Award-night availability seems sparse. But if you want to book this property, keep the booking page bookmarked and check back daily. We did that, and eventually award availability opened up, about two weeks before our dates.

All in all, we felt we got a very solid value out of our stay.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple