“Would you like to hear the train or the road?”

Holiday Inn Macon North
Ranked #39 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Would you like to hear the train running through your room or would you like to hear the road on the other side of the hotel...take your pick.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, there is no such thing as a quiet room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Macon North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear susan22288,

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience here and greatly appreciate the feedback and welcome any opportunity to improve. I sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered with the noise.

Katie J
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Macon North

Reviewed 25 February 2012

I can stay in any motel i chose...Thats because I travel across the country on business plus do sightseeing in all the locations. This holiday inn is a new design...full equipped kitchen and spacious rooms...The fitness center was very large and ampled supplied with all needed to work up a good sweat...Pool larger than most. The staff was very accommadating and pleasant. Outback, Carrabbas, Waffle House , TexasRoad House was within walking distance. If you want a beer or a drink, the bar is open downstairs. I found this 6 night experience very pleasurable and I was treat well. I didnt find the trains offensive and i was on the back side. Clean, friendly, spacious, very new, comfortable and my business room was very equipped and staff paid attention to detail....GM and his staff treated me very well...

Room Tip: all rooms are upgrades...however mine had 2 bathrooms
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I cannot say enough great things about this hotel! The staff was so helpful and friendly. The lobby is really nice. The rooms were lovely and very clean. The beds are very comfortable. The rate included a breakfast buffet. The pool looked really nice but I didn't get a chance to use it. The hotel is right off the highway. Dining is nearby. We will definitely stay here again when we return to the area.

Room Tip: A train passes by the hotel. Ask for a room on the other side of the hall (odd number rooms I belie...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We got in late on Sunday and immediately went to the room and went to sleep. By 7 PM, we realized that the trains were coming by every hour. LONNNNNG trains. LOUUUD trains. Right outside our window - so we went down stairs and asked if we could move across the hall. Th..e desk clerk told us that we were too late, all the rooms away from the tracks were taken. I asked why they didn't warn us when we checked in, and the clerk stated it was because all the King rooms are on the side facing the tracks, and all the rooms on the other side "only" have double beds. So we asked for ear plugs. "Sure, we got a big box of those." Only, they couldn't find any. (Wonder where they went......) Big mistake. We stay in HIE's all the time, and generally they are great. But we have been sharing the word at work and will stay at another property down the road (away from the trains) next time. Great bar, but you can't drink yourself to sleep EVERY night.....

Room Tip: Get there early before all the rooms facing the street are taken. A double bed you can sleep in is...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Very convenient to I-75 with ;lots of nice restaurants close by and even walking distance.
This hotel has a small but very good bar with free beer from 4-7 and thye coldest drafts
in frosty glasses for $2.00 pint s at Happy hr. Very nice bartender a local so knowledgable about the area.

This Hotel does not have carpeting but a wooden type floor and the rooms are huge suites.
The good news is if you are a clean freak and or have allergies this is the cleanest hotel you will find anywhere. Also i really like the sounds of freight trains coming through the Hotel . Ok here's the deal i actually thought i was in an earthquake but discovered the highly used Train Tracks are just about 50 ft. in back of the hotel and run various schedules which is infrequent to it seemed hour .I did not sleep that nite but still support this hotel.
You should try this hotel but request a front facing room. The noise is amplified on the back end rooms due to no carpeting so i am sure the front rooms are better from a noise aspect.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our trip back to Florida. We'd booked before we read the reviews, and got really worried that we might have paid for a disaster! So we were pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel is not nearly as bad as it was made out to be in some reviews. The lobby is very nice, all the staff we encountered during our stay were friendly. The room was clean, including the sheets (and we checked very carefully!). Towels were clean and plentiful, lots of amenities also. The pool and gym area were great. Everything was up to Holiday Inn standard as far as we could tell.
Note: we did ask for a room away from the railroad tracks, which the staff accommodated immediately. The room we stayed in was quiet and the railroad not a problem at all.
About the only thing we'd say is that the hotel has some design flaws -- the sink in the bathroom, while very nice and modern, was quite high and I was having some trouble using it (I'm 5' 8") -- it seemed to me that a smaller person would not be able to use it at all. Then there are the hardwood floors -- while they make for a lovely look in the room, we were awakened early because a guest in the room next to us was running around with hard-soled shoes and we could literally hear every step on the hardwood floor.
Otherwise we would happily return and can recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a good place to stay in the Macon, GA area.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monica F
Reviewed 18 October 2011

If housekeeping did their job. My husband and I checked in here on a road trip from Chicago to Tampa. The lobby area is very nice and modern and everyone working was extremely friendly. The first room we received looked okay, until we realized that the trash hadn't been emptied in both the room and bathroom and was quite full. It made us wonder if the room had been cleaned at all. They moved us into another room, and the trash had been taken out, but the linens had stains and there were seriously white powder handprints on the headboard. Hmmm. A little strange, but we didn't want to be "those" people who find something wrong with every room. If housekeeping was better about cleaning, this hotel would be fantastic. Unfortunately, I can't say I would recommend staying here. Breakfast was great, though, and the location for people traveling down I-75 is ideal!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the train tracks!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple