“Like Going Home”

Ranked #19 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Valdosta, GA
“Like Going Home”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I stay here at least two nights a week for business and have done so for two years.

They do learn your name and they do go out of their way to help you. I've seen staff actually walking a dog for a long term guest who had to be out of town that day. They know I'm absent minded and I often come back next week to find something left for me on the front desk that I left behind last time.

The place is clean and well kept. Doug does a good job of keeping up with any maintenance issues. I have stayed in all kinds of rooms in this hotel and rarely have I hit on a problem.

Do note that this location has many contractors and blue collar workers -- salt of the earth guys who don't cause anyone any kind of trouble. If you are snooty, maybe you best move on down the road.

Room Tip: I love the king size suites
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thank you for your kind review of Candlewood Suites! Our staff always looks forward to your visits. It is wonderful guests like you that make our jobs so enjoyable. Thank you again for your feedback!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Florence MS
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I was set up in the room by Shannon Smith and she picked it out...i gave her my credit card and she took care of everything for me!! All i had to do was walk into my room and it was very nice..and i was welcomed by a basket of goodies and a card, which made me feel like i was part of a family there! Thank you so much Shannon for making me feel so special!!

As for the rest of the staff, everyone from front desk to housekeeping were super friendly and always spoke to me...and wanted to ensure my comfortability....i was in town managing a local restaurant for a week and i have very late hours, but no matter what time i came 'home" which was usually between 3-4 a.m. someone was always behind the desk to welcome me with a smile!!! That gesture goes a long way....in closing i would like to commend Shirley the General Manager for running an awesome establishment

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Nashville TN
Reviewed 13 July 2011

The Service here is Excellant starting at the Front Desk & Management. The Housekeeping Staff was Very Professional. The Room & Facility was Very Clean. This Hotel is located to several restraunts. So Pet Friendly they even know your dogs name. We stayed here for 6 days & it was a Great home away from home! Thank you to all of you.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
North Georgia
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Perhaps I'm spoiled by older hotels, but this room seemed VERY small for a "suite." We got a single queen-sized bed room, on the first floor in the back, and there's enough room for the bed, one nightstand, a recliner, tv/dresser, table, and the kitchen and bath. Not really a suite, but a room with a kitchen. That's fine -- it was great to have the kitchen. We got a discount, so I think I got my money's worth. Hotel's clean, quiet, pretty convenient - as long as you know you're driving. You're not walking ANYWHERE from this hotel. We didn't use the free laundry, pool, hot tub or grill, but it was nice to know they were there. The free wireless internet was great.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2011

We were transferred to Candlewood Suites because our room at a competitor was not ready for us at 10:30 pm and there were no vacant rooms! What a disappointment!! We were not familiar with Candlewood Suites and pretty upset. The woman at Check-In was extremely nice and helpful and made us feel so much better. The room she assigned us was beautiful...so comfortable. The Candlewood Suites does an excellent job...nice beds, quality towels, 2 flat screen trees, beautiful well equipped kitchen! The only disappointment was that there is no free breakfast...but there is a nicely stocked 'pantry' to choose breakfast and snacks in and charge it to your room on the 'honor' system. That worked out well but a breakfast bar would have been better! For an extended stay, this is PERFECT! We will try to stay at Candlewood Suites again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 25 November 2010

Let me just say "Southern Hospitality" at its best! We (wife and I) are down here from NY on business and after a horrible experience with Marriott in Long Island while we were on vacation there, we were forced to change hotel chains. (We were previously loyal to Marriott). We walked in (no reservations) and Lynn at the front desk immediately took the time to show us the different rooms available. As we are down here for an extended period (3 weeks), we ideally wanted a room with a kitchen. The rooms here surpassed our expectations! Not only are they clean and sufficient size but they also have full size fridges, plenty of cabinet space, dishwasher, range and microwave! The staff is wonderful! Oh. they also have a "pantry" with convenience store items (food, incedentals, drinks, etc.). We really hope to have the oportunity to stay here again. Also, we LOVE you Georgia!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
chicago
Reviewed 15 November 2009

This was my first stay at a Candlewood Suites. Macon does not have a lot of choices in pet friendly, decent places. The room is basically a large room with a kitchenette.
The hotel was new, clean, and had very nice front desk staff. On check in, the front desk clerk made sure to assign me to a quiet room (never heard the trains). I did not hear guest noise or door slamming.
The bed was fine, not fabulous. Same for the pillows.
Having never stayed in this brand before, I would say it is a notch below Staybridge. No breakfast, furnishings not quite as nice. But it was quite fine for one night, and probably would do fine for longer term stays. Parking was free and well lit and felt safe. There is a small store which works on an honor system. The pool was closed for the season.
I would not really call this a pet friendly property for short stays, as the fee is high ($45.00), but I was staying on points, so it did not matter so much.
I would consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo