“STAY AWAY!!!”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #52 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed 22 June 2016

My family and I spent 2 unfortunate nights in this hotel. When we got there it was probably over 90 degrees in the room which is to be expected in a Georgia summer, what was not expected was for it to take 8+ hours to cool the room to a comfortable temperature, needless to say we were miserable the first night. The bathroom was only stocked with 2 full size towels, which may not be a problem if there are only 2 guests in the room, but there were 4 of us. Housekeeping kept hounding us about the room, we tried to tell them we didn't need anything other than 2 additional towels, they refused to give us anymore towels since we didn't have any dirty ones, and then insisted on vacuuming and spraying something on the carpet while we were in the room. I am currently planning another trip to Macon for this weekend, but I will NOT return to Econo Lodge. The pictures listed on the website are NOT of the actual hotel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan M

Reviewed 11 April 2016

First let me say that the customer service that I received from the front desk attendant was exceptional. She was very kind and attentive. However, the facilities are long over due for some upgrades. One of the lamps did not work, the hotel phone was dismantled, there was no ash tray in the smoking room, the ac unit was molded, the bathroom door needed to be fixed and painted, the ceiling in the bathroom was caved in, the tub was dingy, and the bed was dirty. There was also no insulation around the room door. It was a huge crack underneath where the cold air came from outside. Then I had an experience where house cleaning staff knocked to come clean but I was still in bed, and they charged in the room anyway. They understood no English so telling them to leave was not happening. They literally wouldn't leave even after we declined service from them at the time.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2016

thought breakfast was disappointing.room clean and quiet.staff helpful and polite. nothing more to say about this. it was convient to interstate. easy on and off interstate.
not much selection on breakfast bar

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

The service was fantastic! The facilities were a little worn, but everything worked. Hot make it yourself pancakes and waffles for breakfast. For a quick one night stay on the road it was a great price.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2015

This is a pet friendly hotel, which is great if you have pets. Our room was not cleaned properly, pet hairs were everywhere, including the pillows. The area is quiet, and there are plenty of restaurants around. The staff is friendly, helpful, and courteous. I doubt if I stay at this hotel again and I'm glad it was only for only two nights. Also, after housekeeping cleaned the room, they left the curtains open, so you could see everything that was in our room. That was the straw that broke the camels back, because we were gone all day.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2015

I found this location really by accident. An accident on the interstate that prompted my wife and I to call it a night. I'm so glad I did. I am a choice rewards member and have occasionally had really good luck with the Econo Lodge brand I dont know if it's due to choice's standards for even their lower teir franchises or simply excellent staff, this brand has created a remarkable nitch. If the location has the right staff (this location certianly does) you can get Comfort inn quality on an Econo budget. From the reconization of member benefits to a genuine concern for guest needs they have certianly hit thier mark. The Desk managers Dawn (morning) and Chiquita (evening) are extremley competent and considerate. They each have on more than one occaision went "above and beyond" in thier service to my family. Definatley Reccommend

Room Tip: reserve near the front rooms 101 thru 107