“Now a Budgetel Inn & Suites, but still the same problems”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
and 1 more site!
Budgetel Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Cartersville, Georgia
“Now a Budgetel Inn & Suites, but still the same problems”
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I went to the Budgetel Inn & Suites for a Convention, and only stayed one night. It was horrible. I was charged extra to get a new room after they messed up my reservation, and had me booked for the wrong night. They told me that they only had two rooms left for the night, but that it had two double beds in it, and would be an extra charge. On the way up to the room we past by a a shopping cart on the second floor that had beer bottles left in it among other trash. The first room we couldn't even get into it. The door knob was busted and hanging on the door. When I told the front desk, he acted like I was crazy, and told me he had rented the room yesterday, but obviously, he hadn't. The next room was easier to get into, but was horrible. A mirror had been ripped off the wall, and was laying on the counter by the sink. Glue and other stuff was on the bathroom door where they had tore a mirror off of it as well. The shower curtain rod had cracked the wall and looked like it might fall. The coffee maker was burnt out, and the room was dusty. The chair in the room was caked in dust. The sheets looked dingy, and beds were hard. The air conditioning unit was very old, and took a long time to cool the room. The worst part was when we opened up the lid to the toilet it was full of toilet paper, and someone had used the bathroom in it, and feces was still inside. I called the front desk and the guy flipped out, but did not offer me another room. He sent up a worker who came and unstopped the toilet. For the rest of the night we stayed out of the room as long as possible, and only came back in to sleep. We left as quickly as possible the next morning. This is an awful place to stay, and the Days Inn might be about 25 dollars more, but looked well worth it. There is no pool, no cafe or restaurant at the Budgetel, but it is near several chain restaurants. I would have given this place a zero rating if it was available. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Ever!

Room Tip: All rooms are not clean from what I was told by other people staying there at the same time.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I have stayed at super 8 before no problems and decent place to lay your head for the money you spend I expected the same for this place but it was awful. My first room looked as if it had never been cleaned the floor was so gross never take off your shoes, there was a roach on my ceiling and nightstand, the sheets looked as if they haven't been washed in a long time. I can't even begin to describe how gross I felt sitting there after ten mins I called the front desk who asked me did it look like my room had been cleaned what a silly question he told me he would get me a cleaner room although I don't understand why I didn't get the clean room to begin with, it was also equally as disgusting. I got my money back and headed to the baymont much better... take my advice don't waste your time or money my skins still crawling I hope I don't have bed bugs I know you get what u pay for so this place should be by the hour motel

• Stayed July 2011
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I would not recommend anyone to stay here. The room service is terrible, they will not clean your room if you stay more then a day! The sheets, and carpet is stained and smells horrible! If you don't let the air run the it smells like urine! the bathroom isn't clean it has black stuff caked up around the toilet, and bathtub! It's just not fresh at all! When you use the ice machine, bugs such as ants, and roaches comes out with the ice! I wore my flipflops in the room everytime I got up!! The saying is you get what you pay for...so if you want something nice then pay a extra $20 for a room. If you ask me these room aren't worth more then 15-20!! The internet connection is terrible...but if you by days inn then u could use their internet! The breakfast isn't worth getting up for, the orange juice machine is down, they have old donuts, and cereal, the coffee taste terrible, and they have a refrigerator with a jug of milk and orange juice which isn't sanitary! the juice have clunks of idk what i guess it's old looks like mucus around the top! If you need somewhere to rest this is not the place...if u low on money and you have to stay here be prepared...bring your own pillows and sheets, gloves and clorox because you going to have to clean yourself!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 August 2010

My husband and I, traveling to Florida meant to travel all the way from Ohio to Orlando in one night. But around midnight we realized we could not drive another 6 hours without a little bit of rest. All we wanted was a shower, check some things on the internet and sleep for 3 or 4 hours. I found the hotel saver coupon guide at a gas station and we decided to use the coupon out of there and got this hotel around 1am. BIG Mistake. Walking into the room (Room 115) I knew right away. It smelled horrible. A quick look around, the floors were flithy (I refused to take my shoes off the whole time I was there.) The sheets and pillow cases, stained.. Blanket, stained and smelled badly. The little nob that you are suppose to use to turn the running water from the faucet on for the shower head.. was broken off. The bath tub it's self was yellow and stained in a rectangle shape, like a bath mat had been there once before perhaps? The "free" wireless internet was not in great working order, it booted me off every 5 minutes. The door leading to the outside.. was warped and only closed if it was locked.

I refused to sleep there. My husband who was doing all the driving and exhausted, did lay down in the bed and sleep for a couple hours, but as soon as we reached our very nice hotel in Orlando, he threw away the clothes he had slept in the night before and showered. I personally stayed up for the 3 short hours we were there at the computer desk. (Using the very thin towels to sit on the chair) Yes.. it's that bad. Based on a few marks that showed up on my husband, I am convinced the place had bed bugs as well.

Do yourself a favor, pay an extra $10 or $20 and go some where... any where, else. I honestly would not wish this place on my worse enemy. Maybe... a convict on the run would find this place worth while.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 9 February 2010

The pillow cases and sheets were very dirty. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
georgia
Reviewed 20 April 2009

This motel was okay for the price that I paid. It was pretty much clean. Smelled ok. The first room that we were given-the toilet did not work so we were given another room which was much cleaner and nicer. The bed and pillows are hard, so take your own pillow. The location is great....lots of restaurants within walking distance. Less than 3 minutes from downtown. Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Longhorn, Waffle House, McDonalds, Super K-Mart, Publix, Movie theaters, Burger King, McDonalds, Taco Bell and many more in close proximity of motel. Very quiet location. I would stay here again. Very few amenities but can't beat the price. Good place to stay if you don't plan on spending a lot of time in your room.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 1 December 2008

While back in my hometown, I needed a one night place to stay. This was the first place that came up on the Google Search via Blackberry and it was priced at 39.99 per night but what a nightmare.

There was not one item in room 308 that was appealing. Towels, Carpet, Furniture, Bed Spread were all worn out and soiled. Dropped something on the floor and bent down to pick it up and noticed how dirty the floor was under the bed and behind all of the furniture.

Why I stayed is beyond me; it is two days later and I am still asking myself why didn't i complain; well it's because the young boy at the front desk was probably only 17 when checking in and the young girl only 16 when checking out.

I personally do not feel that this hotel represents the Super 8 brand nor does it represent Macon very well.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)