“get away”

Port Angeles Underground Heritage Tours
Ranked #2 of 8 Tours in Port Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Historic walking tours of the Port Angeles downtown area the city's Underground tunnels and basements.
Reviewed 21 March 2017

My husband and I went to Port Angeles for our anniversary we had a wonderful time. When we did the Underground Tour that was the best part of our trip our tour guide Bruce was brilliant very knowledgeable made the tour so much fun. I would encourage everyone going there to take this tour it's a good bang for your buck.

BruceErlwein, Manager at Port Angeles Underground Heritage Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Hi Jan,

Thank you for the kind review! I'm so happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed the tour on your anniversary, it was fun having you both join in. It's always great to hear people say they appreciate the value of the tour. I hope to see you both back in Port Angeles again in the future!

Bruce Erlwein
Tour Operator

Reviewed 2 February 2017

We took this tour on February 1st. The two of us were the only two on the tour. Fantastic insights into the past history of Port Angles. Outside murals and outside sculptures are explained. Trips down into the underground and into stores and up the stairs to discover interesting facts about P.A. Now we know all kinds of trivia about this unique city on the sea.

3  Thank sun&oil
Reviewed 21 January 2017

I am new to town and only here for a few months so I really wanted to learn more about the town. It was a wonderful experience and I am so glad I took the tour! Bruce was very engaging and entertaining and he has a wealth of knowledge about the area. I would highly recommend this tour to locals who want to learn more about the heritage and history of their own town, or to those who may be history buffs traveling through. Great time!

3  Thank Stephanie P
Reviewed 20 January 2017

We had a great time on the tour! It was a 2.5 hour tour with lots of neat small town history. On the tour you will learn about Port Angeles and how life was 100 years ago. With original photos of the reconstruction of the town you will discover how a little bit of old fashioned elbow grease can reshape a town. We had a great tour and a great day as we set sail back to Victoria on the mighty COHO! Toot! Toot!

Reviewed 13 January 2017

He is very knowledgeable about the town and was an excellent tour guide and story teller. He brought a lot of energy to the tour and made it fun with jokes throughout. If you are visiting Port Angeles this is a fantastic tour that you won't regret! The town has so much more history than I expected, which made this tour worthwhile.