Port Angeles Underground Heritage Tours
Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
The Original Port Angeles

Reviewed 5 days ago
davidseibold
Walk back in time :)

We started with a picture history introduction then on to the actual city layout. We learned about... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
TrueOhanaJoy
via mobile

All reviews tour guide great tour two hours shoe store local history pa history would highly recommend this tour his knowledge bruce stories brothel historian development life murals operator feats
Reviewed 5 days ago

Thoroughly enjoyed guide Bob's historical presentation of early Port Angeles. A lot of things about the city that maybe don't show up in other formats. There is walking and stairs involved, so, keep that in mind. Lots of artifacts. Carry a flashlight with you just in case. Most of the tour is above ground, but, a lot of history.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We learned about the history of Port Angeles and the fascinating way in which it was built and the engineering feats the city overcame.
We were able to explore what happened to the underground areas and several original buildings with a lot of dark history, we also got to explore an old brothel which was very interesting and historically significant to the area.
Bob was a good historian and really loved sharing his knowledge, he was entertaining and exceptionally knowledgable about the local history and people.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I booked this tour during our honeymoon and we are so glad that we did. Seeing the underground areas of the PNW has always been something I'm intrigued by and is now crossed off my bucket list. This tour had even more than I expected: we got to learn a lot about the history of Port Angeles and the fascinating way in which it was built, we got to explore the underground and several original buildings with a lot of dark history, we also got to explore an old brothel which was very interesting and historically significant to the area. Anyone who is into history should do this tour. Our guide, Bruce, was awesome: he was extremely personable and knowledgeable and made the tour all the more fun and enjoyable. It felt like walking through a time machine.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We took the first haunted tour of the season this year. Our tour guide Bruce is a five star tour guide. He was very knowledgeable and was able to pass that knowledge on in a fun, engaging way. The tour itself was only average and I do blame the operator for that. We showed up 15 minutes early as did 7 other adults as we were told to. When we got there they said they were waiting on a group of 11. We started getting a little history when the first half of the large group walked in late and told them the other half of the group would be showing up soon. 10 minutes later another large group walks in to join the rest, with lots of children. The tour goes through small spaces and we could not fit everyone. The children were well behaved for the most part but still, they are children and were not being well monitored by the parents so it did take away from the enjoyment of the tour.

Why am I so focused on other tour participants and why did it affect my rating? This was the tour operators fault, a group that large should not have been added to our group but should have had their own private tour. Bruce even said he had to change his spiel to make it family friendly. The fact that they were 15-30 minutes late also should have been a red flag to book them separately. All of this affected my enjoyment of the tour. So, to the managers of the underground tour, get your bookings in order and do NOT overbook small tours, you just make people unhappy.

Would I take this tour again? Maybe. I think I would prefer the regular history tour to the haunted tour but would not want to do it in such a large group.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This tour was amazing! We did not know there was so much interesting history in Port Angeles. What I really liked was going to the actual places and seeing the buildings up close and personal. I don't want to give away the surprises along the way but the shoe store is much more than a shoe store. Many more surprises and interesting history as told by a very knowledgeable tour guide/historian.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

It was informative, interesting and is much fun. I recommend this tour 100%!!! It was a pay what you want tour which is pretty cool--we probably paid more than we would have for tickets because t was that good.

Reviewed September 27, 2018

We took this tour with 3 other family members upon return by ferry from Victoria BC. Our tour guide Bruce was extremely knowledgeable and entertaining. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and learned the fanscinating history and civil engineering feats the city overcame. Highly recommend this tour, visiting the City of Port Angeles, and eating/drinking at one of their brewpubs. We will be back to visit soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2018

Our guide (Bruce) made history come alive. I have been coming to Port Angeles for 35 years, but this was the first time I took the underground tour. I am so glad I did. The history was interesting. The engineering accomplishments were amazing. Bruce was energetic, animated, funny and an outstanding storyteller. He made the tour fun, entertaining and enlightening. I’ll never look at Port Angeles the same again.

Reviewed September 14, 2018

With a great introduction in a seated area we then proceeded to visit a couple of underground areas. It was so interesting to see how the streets were raised and what happened to the underground areas. There were numerous rickety staircases which were not for the elderly or those with walking issues. There were also several places where you could sit for a while.We did this tour while waiting for the 5:15 ferry back to Victoria and it worked out perfectly. Just leave your car in line at the ferry terminal before the tour leaves and you'll be back in plenty of time. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

We spent the day in Port Angeles having a staycation from our home in Victoria. Used the BlackBall/Coho to book and added on 3 pints of beers at 3 different craft beer houses, and this awesome walking tour!

Never having been to Port Angeles other than driving through, we were looking forward to the tour and were not disappointed! We lucked out with Bruce as our guide. He is an excellent historian, a great story-teller and passionate about the beautiful little town he lives in. Funny, knowledgeable and polite; We enjoyed learning about the very interesting history of the town.

A not to be missed part of any time spent here, and reasonably priced. Thank you Bruce!