George Washington Inn
US$127
US$115
Quality Inn Uptown(Port Angeles)
US$148
All View Motel(Port Angeles)
US$99
Port Angeles Inn(Port Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$131
Orbitz.com
Royal Victorian Motel(Port Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$82
Flagstone Motel(Port Angeles)
US$85
US$290
US$365
US$354
Domaine Madeleine(Port Angeles)
US$362
All reviewslavender farmpresidential suiteolympic mountainsmount vernonbiscottispa tubspacious bathroombed and breakfastamazing hostssan juan islandspuget soundseparate showerfull bloomhurricane ridgeeach morningincredible viewsbreakfast is served
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights during our long road trip in western North America. We paid $200 per night and found it a good value.

The location of the inn is amazingly scenic! Long rows of gorgeous lavender framed with white fences – and the inn itself is a beautiful building! The front yard looks at the mountains over pretty fields; the back yard looks over the water from a cliff! The location is also perfect for visiting the Olympic Peninsula. About 10 minute drive from Port Angeles downtown (Which is nothing to speak of, really – just a place to grab a bite. After seeing it I’m glad we didn’t stay in town.), about 20 min to the entrance for Hurricane Ridge, and about 2hrs to the Hoh Rainforest/beaches (all highly recommended, but especially Hurricane Hill – see my trip report!)

Our room (Surveyor's Retreat) was spotlessly clean and very comfortable/cozy. We loved the thoughtful “extras” – all-weather fireplace, air-jet tub and bubble bath (which was a wonderful experience!), great shower with excellent pressure, little candy dish, etc. The other amenities were nice as well – free parking, free wifi, library with multiple books and videos… and breakfast!! Oh my, the breakfasts were delicious! Blueberry lavender scones, baked eggs, melon soup, biscuits – I could go on and on. There wasn’t anything at the table we didn’t enjoy and my husband can be a picky eater at times. It was served on the glass-enclosed portico overlooking the water - what a great start to each day!

The host/hostess of the inn were wonderful. Janet welcomed us warmly when we had to knock on the door early to use the bathroom (we were about an hour too early for check in) and was willing to put us in our room right away – something I did not expect after reading some previous reviews. She was extremely hospitable during breakfast each morning, but unobtrusive. She made calls for us regarding our ferry, and even met us at 6:30am the morning of our departure with a really delicious and well thought-out breakfast to go (egg burrito, fruit, can of apple juice, biscotti, some type of oatmeal/cranberry cookie, yogurt – even a mint!). We couldn’t say enough about the friendly/helpful atmosphere.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the George Washington – relaxing, fun, delicious, beautiful! We would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone, and would love to go back ourselves one day!

3  Thank princessbride029
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This place is beautiful, only a couple years old. We stayed in the Martha's Suite which is on the main floor. The room is huge, awesome bathroom with large tub for two, fireplace and beautifully painted, decorated, etc. The breakfast was amazing. I have traveled around the world and stayed at many places before and this has to be on top of my list. Hurricane Ridge is about 30 minutes from here which is a must see. Also, visit Lake Cresent Lodge for lunch and take a hike to Marymere Falls. The lakes in this area are crystal clear. BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I would prefer a room on the 2nd floor with a balcony but if not available, the room on the main floor is still beautiful!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beachgirl1121
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My husband and I chose this location for our 30th anniversary. Hosts Dan and Janet were very welcoming and were helpful in suggesting ferry options for visiting Victoria as well as places to dine near the Inn. Janet graciously accomodated my egg allergy and made a fantastic breakfast without eggs. Breakfast was also accompanied by a mother deer and her baby, strolling along the back of the property. The cruise ships leaving Seattle were also in our view. The Martha's Suite was a great room for a two day stay. We had a little extra room and main floor access. We would not hesitate to stay again if we were in the area.

Room Tip: Call and talk to Janet about her rooms to decide which is best for you.
2  Thank Lifelonglibrarian
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We spent two nights at the George Washington Inn in the Mount Vernon Retreat. The inn and the room were both beautiful and spacious. The pictures on the inn's website are extremely accurate. The breakfasts were great, served on the beautiful patio. Janet and Dan were lovely and very helpful with sightseeing advice and restaurant recommendations, both before and during our stay. Thanks, Dan and Janet, for helping to make our weekend so enjoyable!

2  Thank ellenstf
Reviewed August 26, 2011

This review is long overdue. My husband and I stayed here for a romantic long weekend and we had an incredible time. Everything from the room to the food was simply one of the best traveling experienced we've had. The room was luxurious and romantic, especially the fireplace. The bathroom was pampering with its spacious tub that could easily fit my 6'4" husband and the rain forest shower. Everything is slightly enveloped in a pleasant lavender scent, probably from a mix of the lavender field that surrounds the Inn and the home made lavender products which are also for sale and to which I am now addicted. But the best part was the view. The inn faces the Victoria harbor where we got to see bald eagles fly by. The hosts are friendly and professional. Nothing about them that I would change. The food is amazing - we loved the lavender rhubarb jam. Nice touches like fresh cookies, coupons to other attractions and wineries and free parking completed the experience. We will be back again, even to restock on the Martha's own lavender mist. Thank you for a great memory!

• Stayed: May 2011