Olympic Lodge
Sportsmen Motel(Port Angeles)
Angeles Motel(Port Angeles)
    Riviera Inn(Port Angeles)
    Good 3.5/5
    Royal Victorian Motel(Port Angeles)
    Flagstone Motel(Port Angeles)
    2,059 results
    All reviewsgolf coursebeautiful lobbyhurricane ridgebeautiful hotelbreakfast restaurantin townhot tubnicest hoteltwo sinksfront desk staffmountain viewroom was largeplace to staycomfortable bedswould definitely stay here againnational parkcookies
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 20 April 2012

I know what it's like to spend hours searching for a good hotel on TripAdvisor, so I'm going to save you some time - just book this one, it's fantastic. Seriously. There are many hotels in Port Angeles, but most of them are seedy and low-quality. Don't be lulled by the ocean view at the Red Lion; this hotel is in a quieter location, and for the same price is much, much nicer. If that's all you need, fantastic. If you'd like more detail, read on!

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in mid-April 2012, on a trip to explore Olympic National Park. After a 30 minute ferry from Seattle to Bainbridge, it's an easy 90-minute drive to Port Angeles, and all parts of the park are extremely accessible from there. We spent two days exploring Hurricane Ridge, Lake Crescent, Sol Duc, Rialto Beach, and the Hoh Rainforest, all of which I would recommend.

We did not eat at the restaurant, so I can't speak to that, but the front desk staff were extremely professional and friendly, as were the restaurant staff who let us take some creamers for our morning coffee in the room.

I've stayed at quite a few hotels, almost always in King rooms, so I can say with some authority that these ones are enormous. Definitely "oversized," and it felt luxurious. Make no mistake, when they say "view" room, it's mostly a view of the golf course, although we could see a little bit of the Olympic mountains from our second floor room. All the same, it's worth the extra money to be on the quiet side of the hotel, away from the road. I'd recommend a third floor room for the best view, and a room at the west end, away from the hot tub and pool, for the quietest stay. The bed was comfortable, the sheets were very soft, and the bathroom and shower were of particularly high quality. It was great to have a microwave and mini-fridge, in addition to the standard coffee maker.

The "great room" in the lobby is very nicely done, with comfortable leather couches, high ceilings, beautiful photography and a roaring fireplace. It's definitely a welcoming atmosphere when you first arrive. I would definitely recommend making use of the hot tub (or "spa" as they call it!). We had a very clear night, quite cool, and very much enjoyed sitting out and looking up at the stars. It would be great if it was open a little later than 10:00 pm (we didn't make it back in time on our second night), however there are guest rooms just above it so I guess it makes sense (we had an older couple glaring down at us from their room at 9:45 pm the first night).

If you have AAA, be sure to make use of that discount when booking. I was incredibly impressed by the value at this hotel, which would have been far more expensive in other cities. As mentioned, there are many "budget" hotels in PA but not many quality ones. This one is absolutely the best, and they pride themselves on that and want to uphold that standard. Do yourself a favor and book the Olympic Lodge now.

Room Tip: Definitely the back side (golf-course "view" facing). Upper floor will have the best view. West end of the hotel away from the hot tub will be the quietest.
    • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
    6  Thank YVR19
    Reviewed 19 April 2012

The hotel was easy to find and had a great view. I can just sit in the lobby area to enjoy the view. The room was very spacious and clean. I think this is the best place to stay in Port Angeles without a doubt!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
    Reviewed 16 April 2012

Ask for a room facing the golf course. With all the windows facing the course, you'll watch golfers and enjoy the beautful tree studded greens which slope gently up a hillside. Through the trees you'll see the amazing snow capped Olympic Mountains. The rooms are large, comfortable and extremely clean. My room had a fairly decent sized beverage fridge, which I think you need to request when making the reservation. When you go, if you want a great dining experience in a fun restaurant, visit Kokopelli's on Front and Lincoln.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
    1  Thank Fab50sTacoma
    Reviewed 12 April 2012

We were at this hotel for one night and it was absolutely terrific. The very spaciousrooms we had were at the back, across from a golf course, very pretty! This is a great value and I would recommend it without reservation. Staff was exceptionally pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
    1  Thank todny
    Reviewed 10 April 2012

After a day of driving, the Olympic Lodge was a pleasant surprise! Our greeting upon our arrival (without reservations) was very hospitable. At the front desk, Carlye, not only helped us secure a room for the night, but one with a view over the golf course and towards the snow-capped Olympic Mountain peaks. In addition, we were provided with an overview of dining options in the local area. Fortunately, we were fortunate enough to meet Patrick, the chef of the new "Northern Italian" restaurant in the Lodge, and get a sneak peak at one of the desserts available... which was enough for us to know that this wasn't just some restaurant that is in most of the hotels we have all stayed at - this restaurant was worth staying in for (more later).

Upon arriving in our room, we were impressed with the oversized room and the very friendly and roomy layout. Plenty of space and very functional !! After settling in, we headed down to the Olympic Lodge Bistro...

We were greeted and seated without having to wait, 20 minutes before the food service was to end (9pm). Our server and Chef Patrick, despite the fact that for the majority of our meal we were the only ones left, made us feel as if we were being prepared the most important meal of their day. The menu boasts "We are proud to serve the finest locally grown, farmed, harvested and produced ingredients" - I always have skepticism when statements like that are being made - I assure you: the Olympic Bistro truly understands this culinary benefit. Even things as simple as the salad dressing (in this case, from the Caesar salad) to the sauces were unbelievable. I am not even sure we had room, but ordering the dessert (that we had witnessed at check-in) was an amazing finish to perhaps one of the best meals I have had at a hotel or lodge.

We stayed for breakfast the next morning and were just as impressed with the brunch as we were with the dinner the evening before.

Although our stay was short, our stay at the Olympic Lodge in Port Angeles was comfortable, relaxing and showed us that hotel food can be amazing - thank you Chef Patrick and the rest of the crew!!

Room Tip: Request top floor (especially if on the north side) allows a nice view of the Straits of Juan de Fuca; Upper floors have view looking south of the golf course and the Olympic Mountain peaks.
    • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family