“Homemade & multiple selections daily”
Review of Soup Kitchen

Soup Kitchen
Ranked #343 of 1,547 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: American, Soups
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Can't beat the selection of homemade soups at very reasonable prices. Decent sandwiches with all your basic fixings made to order. My 2nd visit. Both times around 12:45 and still quite busy. Expect a bit of a line up and not fancy decor, but quick clean up if tables makes for not too long of a wait

Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

This is one of my "go-to" places for a quick lunch that is both very good and affordable. Very good soups made from scratch. I like the patty melt too. Nothing fancy here but a good meal at a great price.

Reviewed April 6, 2017

The soup kitchen is open during the lunch hour, geared for working class, it is not open on weekends.

They have hot fresh homemade soup available in several flavors each day. Along with the soup you can get a made to order sandwich, or a salad.

The clam chowder is excellent. I would give it five stars but it costs upwards of 8$ for a lunch which is not what I like to spend for a noon meal.

Reviewed February 1, 2017

Love Soup Kitchen! The atmosphere is a little rough but the food is very good. The main draw is the soups; the tomato is some of the best I've ever tasted. (It was the only think I craved when I was pregnant years ago.) And you can't beat the price, since soup comes with yummy breadsticks for around $5.

Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

Ate here on a cold rainy day. The soups are hardy, the bowl was large. My partner had grilled cheese and I had the SKS sub sandwich. We ate for less than $19. Everything is made fresh to order. 3 choices of breadsticks come with the soup. We both had clam chowder. Would eat here again.