“what more do you need”

Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Central
Ranked #18 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 1 August 2010

stayed here for 4 nights in june/july at the start and end of a motor cycle tour of the west utah,wyoming,south dakota and montana10 english men in total. the hotel staff were so friendly pleasent and helpfull the food was excellent the rooms were supberb in fact we were made so welcome we all felt totally at home and will return in 2016 to stay again

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Central

Reviewed 11 March 2010

I stayed for only a couple of days but found this hotel to be very nice. The staff was very helpful with directions and answering all of my questions as I'd never stayed in this area. I found the internet to be slow, but the room was very clean and comfortable. I was definately satisfied and would stay here again if I come back to Salt Lake City.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2010

I normally choose to stay in a Hampton Inn when I travel because I am almost always happy with this chain of hotels however this hotel was an exception. The bathroom was in need of some repair, the shower rod falling off the wall and the faucet handle nearly coming apart in my hands.
I requested a non-smoking room but the smell of cigarette smoke was quite strong in the hallways. The Hi-Speed internet was so slow should have been called low-crawl internet. When I complained to the front desk they told me because they were full up the speed was affected.
On the positive the bed was comfortable and the room quiet.
Next time I will find a different hotel in Salt Lake

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2009

My husband and I try to stay at Hampton Inns whenever we can when we are one the road. We stayed here 10/26/09 on our way back east during our cross country trip. This was one of the nicer ones in the chain. We had planned on staying 2 nights but when we arrived, we found out a snow storm was coming so we left the next morning. Great rate due to travel pamphlet coupon we picked up at the Tourist Info Office.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oclola
Reviewed 14 July 2009

This Hampton has a more boxy layout that most and lacks the serene appeal of many Hampton Inns. It is also at the very busy intersection on the SW side of metro SLC with a congested coffee shop parking lot adjacent. Do not get a ground floor room for this reason. Also, the Hampton directory lists this property as having airport shuttle service. That really means there is an airport shuttle available through a 3rd party for added cost. Actually easier just to take a taxi. A better deal, if you are catching a flight, is the Hampton Inn Airport, which does has a dedicated free shuttle and is in a more peaceful setting. Finally, the word "central" is misleading. It is several miles to downtown and a better choice is the Hampton Inn downtown if you are visiting the city.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Ken P
Reviewed 12 January 2009

I usually stay at Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, or Homewood Suites because they offer good service. I pretty much got what I expected. I have nothing bad or spectacular to say about this hotel but do recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TriRunnerCF
Reviewed 30 June 2008

We stayed at this hotel in June for a retreat we were attending. My husband and I came in on Thursday and our children joined us on Saturday. We found Danielle to be so helpful when we checked in to a room that was in a smoking section of the hotel. She moved us immediately with no problem. She also helped us book our second room for our children who were joining us for our wedding.
The rooms were comfortable, beds comfy and a microwave and a fridge available, so we were able to have some food in our room.
Jacob was at check out and very nice, but went beyond the call of duty when I called 2 1/2 hours down the road (surprisingly got phone service) and explained that I had left the marriage license in the cabinet above the microwave and my concern that it would be thrown away. He placed me on hold and went up to the room and found the envelope on its way to the trash can. Rescuing it, he sent it to my home where it was received a few days later. Thanks Jacob!
Once we figured out the SLC is laid out on a grid, it was much easier to get around and we found the room to be not noisy at all.
We thought the breakfast was very basic, sugary and didn't eat but one morning there, which was fine since we tend to be more organic or natural diners.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business