“Noisier than usual!”

Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Nashville, Tennessee
“Noisier than usual!”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I like Hampton Inn's because of the overall reliability and friendliness! This hotel was disappointing due to poor sound insulation. I could near the guests in the neighboring room moving around, opening and closing doors, and using the bathroom.
The location and airport shuttle were very convenient, and the continental breakfast was very good, especially the guava juice!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank See_me_in_TN
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
We really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about the stay you had here in SLC. I apologize for the noise that disturbed your sleep and overall comfort. After looking at the calendar it was a sold out night. We don't get noise complaints often however, I am very sorry it happenned to you. Missing out on a restful sleep makes the following day of travel uncomfortable at best. Thank you so much for the nice things you had to say about the other areas of our hotel. We hope that you will give us another try if your travels bring you back to our area. Happy Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I like the location of this hotel and the people who run it. Rooms are nice size, very clean and well kept up. Internet speed could be better but so should most hotels.

What I don't like is the work out room. They only have one treadmill and one bike. For a hotel this size give us a better work out room. Last time I got up at 6 am to work out and there was a waiting line. I ran out of time and had to get to work.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
So happy to read over your review. Our rooms are large in comparison to most of the rooms in our area, one of the nice perks, nice that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks also for telling us about the heater, our maintenance has already been there to check on it. Seems the units are set up with a comfort feature to maintain the desired temperature. Everytime the temputure fluctuates the unit will recycle thru again. I am sure that the noise disturbed your selp. It is hard to sleep away for most of and I can imagine that the noise would be unsettling. On our next trip out to SLC please come to visit us again, we love our guests!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Very nice peaceful hotel. I only have a short night there, so I did not use any other facility of the hotel. The rooms are large and clean. The spacious bathroom was also tidy. Absolutely no blame to give.
The free breakfast is good and diversified. I recommend it. I also used the small in-house convenience store, it was appreciated.

On the minus side : the heater in my room was noisy. When it starts in the middle of the night, it wake me up sometime.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Martin T
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Hello Martin! Loved your feedback and appreciate you letting us know about that pesky heater. An international traveler from Canada. Must say I'm a bit jealous, I would love to travel outside of the US. Sounds like the room and team where welcoming and comfortable, thank you for the compliments. If you make it back to the states be sure to come and see us, you have my promise the heater will behave itself!
Florida
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Typical Hampton atmosphere, less than 10mins from the airport. Clean rooms, full size beds (a little hard), really big bathroom. Desk service was polite and helpful. Free Breakfast room was clean, hot items were hot, the lady setting it up was quick and friendly. Nice stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MafiaChica
So happy that you are willing to share your experience at our hotel. We talk about these posting regularly in our "Team Huddles". It's your feedback that gives us direction. It sounds unlikely but the truth is we really do listen! What you have to say lets us know if we are on the right track or if we need to make a change. I personnally thank you for your comments and hope you keep them coming! Remember we love having you here so if Salt Lake is in your future come see us again.
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed here for several nights, driving up to Deer Valley each day to ski. It's right off I-80, and DV is about 45 minutes away. The hotel has fantastic rates, is clean, the rooms are really spacious, the free breakfast is varied and good, and the staff is really friendly. The only reason I docked them a star is because the key cards were constantly failing for us and others we talked to. Couple tips: One, rent your skis and buy your discounted lift tix at the downtown Ski N' See which is on the way to the slopes. Two, don't fail to dine at the Red Iquana! They are amazing.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Thank you for your comments in Trip Advisor, everyone is busy so it really is appreciated. Sounds like you had a great ski trip and even discovered Red Iguana, DELICIOUS! It is one of your favorites here too. I am so sorry for the hassle of the key cards not functioning properly. It is one of those things that would bug anyone. We have gone through and checked them all again, thank you for bringing it to our attention. We appreciate you as a guest and hope that you are able to make a return visit for more great skiing in 2013!
Hartsdale, New York
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I arrived at 1 am and could not have been happier. A large spacious corner king was clean and very comfortable. Quiet nights sleep, courteous welcoming staff, who could ask for more?

Room Tip: Tell them if youre coming late
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lynne B
IamHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
An arrival that late meant you had a very long travel day! You must have been beyond tired. We really don't have abad room in the house but I really like the corner rooms the best. An enormous amount of space to stretch out. Thank you for all the nice feedback it so appreciated. The team looks at all the guest feedback too so the compliments you gave the team has not gone unnoticed, in fact it really makes their day! Please take care and if possible know you are always welcomed here.
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel because I had an early morning flight and needed to be close to the airport. The hotel had everything I needed and more! The suite was spacious, comfortable, and very quiet. There is a mini-market and a Subway Restaurant within walking distance. This hotel has a restaurant on-site which offers a decent menu at reasonable prices. There is plenty of free parking on the hotel property. Shuttle service to and from the airport is reliable. All of the staff are professional and courteous. My flight left very early so I was gone before the complimentary breakfast was served. However, a very kind employee did get some fresh fruit for me which I appreciated very much! I felt welcome and safe throughout my stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank RoadTrip60
Your comments are very much appreciated. So nice to hear that you had a very comfortable stay in your suite. They really are quite cozy with plenty of room to be comfortable. Thank you also for the compliments about our team. It can not be recoginized by me too much that we have the BEST team. I am glad you were able to feel their professionalism and hospitality, it really is from the heart. Please feel welcomed anytime and we look forward to seeing you on any future trips you may have to SLC.