All reviews enchanted forest mansion suite cheese cake cookies parking lot tub bed privacy desk slc roomy
Reviewed May 12, 2018

I booked a one night stay for my parents and told the lady that helped me book the reservation that it was a surprise and that I did not want my parents to know how much I spent on them. My dad just called and let me know that he signed something that HAD THE AMOUNT I SPENT. Not except able. I am very annoyed and disappointed. THIS WAS SUPPOSE TO BE A GIFT. I am not happy.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

This is really a quality B&B, located close to the center of SLC. Not easy to find if you are a first-time visitor/driver in SLC on a chilly, dark night - they really should light up their sign. The themed rooms are an adventure. We loved the waterfall shower in our room, but as it was on the lower ground floor, it had no windows. Overall though it was comfortable and the breakfast served to our room was very tasty.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2018

We stayed in the enchanted forest. Nice sized room. Seemed very clean. Private toilet and nice large tub with shower. Good breakfast. Don't get this room if you are older and can't get into a very tall bed. Very neat old house in a really cool neighborhood.

Room Tip: 2 flights of stairs for this room.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2017

The Good: Our room (the Khan Mansion Suite) was large and comfortable, with an awesome tall shower - I am tall, so I notice things like that. Houskeeping was thorough, and the desk staff friendly and helpful. They make cookies for guests mid-day, and there's nothing like warm cookies to brighten your afternoon :) Breakfast was delivered on-time to the room (they knock and leave it outside). Salt Lake City is the politest place I have ever been, and I'm Canadian :) Our friends had theme rooms, and they were cool to see. Wifi was good in our room. I would stay here again.

The Bad: The parking is at the back, and the entry is at the front, so you're carrying/dragging your luggage all the way around, although you might be able to sweet-talk them into opening the employee-only door. Our rental car got dinged in the parking lot, but the dinger left a note and we had the damage waiver anyway, however the parking lot is a bit tight for large vehicles. On check in you can choose "full service", "half service" or "no service" for housekeeping on your room. Realistically half and no are all but the same. Trust me, you want to choose "full service". None of these things was a major deal for us, even if it seems verbose.

The Ugly: Our room didn't have a couch or sitting area other than a small table with small chairs... I like to lounge on a couch, so I was kind of forced to the lobby. Surprisingly, we didn't have a luggage rack for unpacking, although the staff lent us a breakfast tray stand to get that job done.

Note: FRESH COOKIES!

Room Tip: No elevators for upstairs and downstairs.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our time away there. We spent two nights. The service was good. There are little perks like cheese cake in your mini fridge every afternoon and a chilled bottle of fake bubbly. Breakfast was nice and served to your door right on time. Check out is an unrushed 12:00 however if you want to check in early, 3:00, it is an extra $25. We stayed there because of pleasant memories of a stay at the one on 5th south years ago and the week day rate of $139 a night.

The inn is in bad need of some refurbishing. We chose a room called the Sultan's something or other. When we opened the door we were very underwhelmed. The room was extremely cramped. There was absolutely no place to place luggage. Anything you had to set down went on the small table in the corner but when breakfast arrived that all had to go on the floor. The bathroom with it's giant tub seems to be the focus of this room. It is definitely big enough for two. I was taken back when I realized that the bath area opened right into the room and that included the toilet. There was no private toilet area with a door. A super big turn off for me. There are times I like a little privacy. The room also has to be accessed by a fairly steep flight of stairs and I saw no elevator. The parking is also in the back and you have to carry bags around the old house to the front door. This means parading in front of Salt Lake's main drag through the city. Although the area is a busy downtown location if you know the city at all you know it is not within walking distance of the center with the beautiful shopping mall and historic Temple Square. You must have a car. This said I did not see all of the rooms and it is possible some maybe larger although the young woman at the desk told me she did not believe so. Call and ask before you book. Also there is no separate shower, only a small hand held version in the tub. It does do the job.

The anniversary inn on 5th south was originally designed as a romantic get away with different themed rooms. The rooms were much more roomy then the one we had here and 15 years ago when it was new, a lot of fun. The South Temple location was added to meet the demand. Now it has past it's prime.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple