“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Boise, Idaho
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We were in town to see a basketball game and do a little sightseeing. We had 4 adults and an 11 year old so finding somewhere with enough beds and not a huge extra charge for more people was important to us. The hotel was great! We loved having the couch to sit on when we were hanging out and the decor in the rooms and the rest of the hotel was very nice. Not sure about the fold out bed because my son just slept on the couch. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is only 10 minutes from downtown and it was very easy to find. There aren't any food places nearby that we saw but there was a fridge and microwave in the room so we stopped at a store for snacks. Breakfast was the usual for hotels but good and we went down towards the end and it still full and hot. I will stay here again and I will recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
SHSSLCAP, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Thank you, for your comments from your recent stay here at the hotel. I am grateful that the staff was helpful and that were able to accommodate your party in one of our double queen suites. I am also pleased that you were able to enjoy our breakfast, and that it was still hot and presentable even late in the morning. My staff and I, look forward to seeing you again next time you are here in Salt Lake City.

Spring Hill Suites Salt Lake City Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Hotel is located on "hotel way" with many airport hotels. Very convenient to airport and SLC. Rooms have a great layout with new separate shower and toilet rooms. Hotel has modern decor, clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. 24 hour airport shuttle. No restaurants nearby, but downtown SLC is only 10-15 minutes away.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you, for you kind comments about our hotel. We are the newest generation of SpringHill Suites that have ample space and lighting in mind. Thank you, for your comments about our hotel staff and how helpful they are. It is our goal to make every guest feel at home. I look forward to seeing you next time you are here in Salt Lake City.

Spring Hill Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Gainesville, Florida (home of the Gators!)
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The hotel was clean, the staff was nice. The price was very good. A great hotel in my opinion.

1 Thank johndfffff
SHSSLCAP, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Thank you, so much for your feedback on your recent stay. We pride ourselves on being the cleanest and the friendliest. I look forward to seeing you in next time you are in Salt Lake City.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We typically stay downtown when visiting Salt Lake, but due to last minute plans and a convention, our first three choices were unavailable. I would probably not stay at this hotel again, since I think there are much better options, but it will suffice if you don't expect too much.

Pros: Very large rooms with separate seating area. Decorated in a very pleasant modern style. Coffee maker, microwave, and small fridge in room. Comfortable bed, lots of storage. Hotel also has nicely decorated public areas, a small gym, and a pool. Free breakfast buffet with hot items, friendly staff.

Cons: Not overwhelmingly clean - carpets had some large stains, housekeeping spotty (housekeeping never showed up one day). Breakfast buffet was frequently out of items (like coffee!) and it took an overlong time for restock. Little or no services - no restaurant (other than breakfast buffet) or bar, limited choices available at check-in counter/shop (for instance, no newspaper except US News, and only available some days). There is a restaurant in the neighboring Hyatt, but you either have to walk back to street and around or tramp through weeds to get there. Airport location means driving back into city for everything, which got old after a few days. One of our party had repeated problems with her room's card key reader - although staff was very helpful and concerned, the problem was not effectively resolved.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you, for your feedback on your recent stay with us here at the SpringHill Suites Slat Lake City Airport. I would like to apologize that we did not meet the standards of service that is expected. I have passed on your comments to my operations, maintenance, and housekeeping managers and we are making the changes necessary to improve our service levels, to avoid any of the repeat of the problems you encountered.

Thank you; again for your comments as all feedback received help us improve our hotel.

Reading Pa
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The rooms are real nice and modern. I like having an area to lounge in the room that doesn't entail using the bed. The lobby was bright and the staff was great. They are building an adjacent hotel so a bit conjested but not bad. The only thing about any of the hotels in the area is that there isn't anyplace to get a good meal without having to go downtown.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Boston
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We arrived on a late flight and decided to stay close to the airport before skiing the next day. The front desk attendant greeted us warmly, got us checked in, and had the card key in our hand in less than one minute. The common areas and halls were brightly decorated and attractive. The room was spacious, comfortable, and smelled clean though I personally am not a fan of the small toilet/sink area, which is separate from the shower area. There is a surprisingly large closet, though. Breakfast was the usual fare, which was fine. Given the competition, the rates were quite reasonable.

Room Tip: A new building is going up on the north side. Our room was on the south side so I don't know if...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I arrived at the hotel very late at night, after midnight, at the end of over 24 hours travelling from the UK. The quality of service and the rooms was much appreciated. There was no delay on registration.
The rooms are spacious and clean. I suspect the hotel is very new, there is another being built next door. As I was there at the weekend I do not know if that would have caused a noise problem but I suspect not. The windows are well glazed and thick curtains keep the light out. I liked that the room had seperate shower and toilet areas. Although the sliding doors alway give me a feeling of lesser privacy than normal doors.
There is a small fridge and microwave in the room, and a lounge/desk area. I would have felt comfortable staying here on business for several days.
My only negative comments were about breakfast. This was much as one expects, mainly muffins eagles and bread with a selection of cereals. I feel these could be better, but at the price or Ok. Overva period of time I would get bored.

• Stayed February 2012