“Best Italian food in Utah”
Review of Carmine's

Carmine's
Ranked #174 of 1,575 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Description: Italian food at its best! A dining experience that will entreat you to some of the most amazing flavors of Italy.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just came back from Italy and Carmine made feel as I was still there. Food taste and presentation are Phenomenal.

Date of visit: November 2018
Esteban R, Public Relations Manager at Carmine's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you Emerson! Where in Italy were you?

Reviewed October 24, 2018

Carmine's is an excellent addition to the local restaurant scene. The food is outstanding, the service is attentive and knowledgable (especially by an exceptional young man named Helios), and the atmosphere is surprisingly pleasant considering the location in a strip mall.
My wife and I started with the Caprese as an appetizer, and it was delicious and a generous portion. I had the penne Bolognese, and my wife had the spaghetti with clams. Both dishes were flavorful, plentiful, and presented beautifully. The Bolognese was particularly rich and savory.
My only concerns about this establishment is that the prices are high and the selection is a bit limited. This observation extends also to the wine list, which almost exclusively consists of fairly pricy Italian varietals. I would love to see a few more choices added to the menu, especially in the entree section. The pasta is clearly a specialty—made in house, and served at an absolutely perfect al dente—but sometimes you're just in the mood for some chicken parmigiana. And I think the portion size could be reduced a bit, along with the prices, to make an evening at Carmine's more affordable.
All that having been said, we thoroughly enjoyed our meal, and would return without hesitation.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank DreamsOfMyComrades
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Fabulous Italian food in an elegant, quiet setting. We shared an appetizer and I had the linguine with clams. The portions were generous and we took some home. Everything from the bread to the entrees were delicious. We plan to return to try the pizza.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 16, 2018

We met some friends at Carmine's for dinner. This was our first time. It was a good choice. It was busy but quiet. We are able to bring in a bottle of wine and pay a corkage fee. Fine with us. Florida was our server and she was special. So friendly. She asked about water, etc, we told her and she came back with beverages and special bread. Florida asked if we wanted appetizers and we said no because we knew the meal was going to be more than enough.
She left us alone to talk and consider our meals. We ordered a little later and continued our conversations. I don't know why but I ordered the Salmon dinner and it was soooo good! Prepared perfectly, Greg and my wife wife ordered a Clam dish that was in a soup rather than a sauce. Again out of this world. Greg ordered one of the pasta dishes that he raved about and took some home.
We declined desert as the meal as so much. I don't agree with the pricing of Carmines as on the high side. I would say more moderate. Bottom line in my opinion Carmines is a great place to a casual or formal occasion. Ask for Florida and she will keep you served and happy the whole night. Food is amazing.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I normally don't leave reviews for restaurants because everyone has such different tastes. The Ribeye at this restaurant was perfectly cooked and seasoned. I have not had a meal so well presented and taste so good in a long time. I highly recommend this to anyone.

Date of visit: August 2018