“The only time I've ever been disappointed with Hyatt Place staff...but the manager did his best to make things right”

Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #30 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stay at Hyatts quite often. It was a regular Hyatt Place in all respects...same great beds I love, same rooms, lobby, nice breakfast, etc. Unfortunately the night staff weren't up to Hyatt Place standards. And let's face it, they set the tone for the whole experience. We arrived LATE at night from a long flight and were greeted by a not so friendly hostess. Maybe it was because it was 1:30am, but she was not helpful...in fact would only pay for one taxi instead of both that it took to get our family there from the airport. (They had told me on the phone they would cover a taxi after the shuttle was shut down for the night.) She was frankly, sort of snooty about it. She then put us in a room right by the elevator. Although you'd think at that hour everyone would be down for the night, unfortunately that was not the case. NOISY guests were coming and going for quite some time.
In general not a great night.
I was pleasantly surprised that the manager responded almost instantaneously to my poor survey response to our experience. He apologized for his employee and offered to reimburse us for the taxi the night girl would not cover. He even offered some extra points to add to our account that would almost cover a free night. Manager made good.
Hyatt Place is still one of our favorites...always very clean, always very comfortable, generally a good value for what you get.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Andreo G, Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2012

I am glad that the Hyatt Place is still your favorite. I would like to assure you that the experience you had was based on an isolated case. As I promised in our correspondence, I will use your feedback to improve our operations and the guest satisfaction. Again, thank you very much for your comments and I hope to see you back again.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

Very friendly, helpful staff.
Shuttle to/from airport.

Small restaurant was very convenient.
Menu is somewhat limited but available 24/7
Items were very good and portions were generous.

Room Tip: Sound insulation was pretty good but room on side away from I 80 would be quietest.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Andreo G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. With our close to the airport location, we are still within 7 minutes from Salt Lake City Downtown. We hope you return again and please recommend us to your family and friends.

Reviewed 10 December 2011

A nicely furnished hotel. The room had a very large flat screen tv, separate sitting area, and refrigerator. Unfortunately, the heater was fairly noisy and on the cold winter night, it came on regularly. Breakfast was included and was varied and plentiful, (but the egg sandwiches were dry and overcooked). The staff was VERY friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2011
Andreo G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2011

Thank you for the review. I am glad you liked our hotel overall. I apologize that the heating was loud and we will inspect the unit in your room. Thank you for pointing out the breakfast sandwich quality. I will review the recepies and breakfast making procedures. We all hope to see you back at our hotel soon.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

Stayed here for a two day business trip. The room was perfect size, clean, and with a new model decor. The free continental breakfast was an added bonus. Very helpful staff. Will stay here again no question.

• Stayed: December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I glad you enjoyed our breakfast and facilities. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

My son said it all when we opened the door to the room, "Mom, we scored!". Very clean, lots of room and a great price.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Andreo G, Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

THank you for the review. We 'scored' as well with your kind remarks. We hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

Typical Hyatt place. Big TV, New, nice lounge in lobby. Bad news, if you want to leave to eat/drink you will need a car/taxi. Perfect for a one night, if you stay longer i would suggest staying in town.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Andreo G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Thank you for the response. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

Some hotels are good, some are great and some are excellent. This location is excellent! I will probably only write reviews if I had a good experience but this is by far the best value in a hotel from my experience. The location is excellent for travelers wishing to be minutes from the airport. Rooms are quiet. I do not recall hearing a plane or any other noise at anytime. The room is is entirely modern and very comfortable. I almost missed my flight because I slept like a baby. Nice size flat screen tv, sofa bed, desk, walk in shower. I did the kiosk check in and out. Flawless. The staff was friendly and helpful in my contact with them. This hotel should be the standard for an excellent value.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Andreo G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

I would like to thank you for your very complimentary review of our hotel. We were delighted to hear you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel from our friendly staff to our location. Our goal is to provide ‘authentic’ hospitality to our guests and based on your review we delivered. I hope to see you back soon!