We stay at Hyatts quite often. It was a regular Hyatt Place in all respects...same great beds I love, same rooms, lobby, nice breakfast, etc. Unfortunately the night staff weren't up to Hyatt Place standards. And let's face it, they set the tone for the whole experience. We arrived LATE at night from a long flight and were greeted by a not so friendly hostess. Maybe it was because it was 1:30am, but she was not helpful...in fact would only pay for one taxi instead of both that it took to get our family there from the airport. (They had told me on the phone they would cover a taxi after the shuttle was shut down for the night.) She was frankly, sort of snooty about it. She then put us in a room right by the elevator. Although you'd think at that hour everyone would be down for the night, unfortunately that was not the case. NOISY guests were coming and going for quite some time.
In general not a great night.
I was pleasantly surprised that the manager responded almost instantaneously to my poor survey response to our experience. He apologized for his employee and offered to reimburse us for the taxi the night girl would not cover. He even offered some extra points to add to our account that would almost cover a free night. Manager made good.
Hyatt Place is still one of our favorites...always very clean, always very comfortable, generally a good value for what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just three miles from the Salt Lake City International Airport, the Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport is only a 40-minute drive to Utah’s major ski areas. The hotel offers guests easy access to local business and corporate parks, including Wells Fargo, Franklin Covey, Decker Lakes Business Center and Sorenson Research Park. The Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport is also the perfect hotel for race teams and crews. Our location can have you racing in no time. We offer 24 hour food service, beautiful & spacious guest rooms and 42” high definition flat screen televisions.The hotel is easily accessible to both the Hill Air Force Base and the Fort Douglas Military Base. For families, the Salt Lake City hotel is in close proximity to the Hogle Zoo, Lagoon Amusement and Water Park, Salt Lake Bees Baseball stadium and the Museum of Natural History. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport Hotel Salt Lake City
- Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport Utah