“ Great Pizza And People”

Nuch's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #159 of 1,575 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Nuch's has become our "local" pizza joint. They know how to bake a pizza. I don't know if it's the oven, the expertise of the pizza chefs, or the ingredients, but I am madly in love with Nuch's pizza.

In addition, all the servers are warm, friendly, and acknowledge you as a unique human, with personal tastes and an identity all your own. I have discovered in my 2 plus years in Utah, many people dealing with the public, have a "cookie cutter" pleasantness about them. As if there is a recorded tape somewhere uttering the correct words, and a chemical reflex manufacturing a plastered smile. These people don't seem real, looking right through you. The servers at Nuch's validate your presence as a member of the human race. That seems to stand for something here.

Other items at Nuch's are excellent other than the pizza, but I can't imagine me ordering anything but the "large pizza, extra, extra crispy, even blackened on the bottom, 1/2 plain, 1/2 Pepperoni." Delicious!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Everything was great. We realize now that it would be best to make reservations due to being a quaint neighborhood spot. I would highly recommend this spot to people new to the hood. It’s worth the drive. The table next door said they were there for the butternut squash ravioli which was a recommend from a friend. It was Awesome. Missed taking a picture of dessert as it was devoured by all. Hazelnut Panna Cotta and Berries with marscapone.

Will definitely return here

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed February 23, 2018

My partner & I have driven by this neighborhood restaurant for years. FINALLY, we stopped and am I glad we did! Their menu is beautiful and diverse. We had a hard time deciding. We ended up getting 3 appetizers and soup to share. All were on the specials list. The shrimp was excellent, as were the polenta, and cream of corn soup. We ended up having a "shot" of pannacotta, which was just enough. We will be back!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed December 21, 2017

I visited Nuch's tonight with friends for the first time, and overall, I enjoyed it. The restaurant is tiny and smelled delicious when I walked in. You can tell the ingredients are fresh. Our server was attentive, but it took him a long time to bring our check. And once he did, the hostess was very abrupt in asking how long we would be because other people were waiting. I found her tone to be abrasive and off-putting, especially since we were waiting on their staff for our check. Generally, I was pleased with my experience and would go again.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 16, 2017

Customer service unbelievable nightmare
The employees and owner proved to be unorganized, incompetent, dishonest and accusing during a visit in November '17. The food there is good and we have been to Nuch's a handful of times per year since it opened. Two weeks ago, we ate there early (there are only about 6 tables in the space) with our two children. After eating, my husband gave his American Express card to pay to a waitress. A half hour passed after she picked up our card and bill. We then inquired about signing our bill so that we could leave. At that point, we were told that the hostess was having trouble with the credit card machine. An unreasonable amount of time passed again and we offered to pay with a check instead. At that point, we were told that they in fact, could not find our credit card! My family even looked under our table we sat out in hopes that our card had simply dropped out of the bill holder. Not to worry, we were told-"dinner is on us." -feel free to leave! Wait, what about our American Express card?! We suggested they take our phone #, and they suggested we cancel our card. The next day, my husband, who was traveling out of state in the next few days, called the AMEX and they told him that someone had made small charges (under $50) at a nearby Smiths and liqueur store. I called Nuch's to let them know what happened and asked that the owner give us a call. When I asked the person on the phone, who identified themselves as the manager, (who told me the owner was gone for weeks to a funeral) to confirm our phone number-it was a digit off! Needless to say, we were never called by Nuch's. Today, when I called to let the owner know about our experience, I was told that "I never quit talking" and that this was "not the story he was told, "that they told us to call the police" and that he thought we were "scamming them!" I hung up on him rather than further add insult to injury. We will never set foot in the restaurant again. A simple check in and an apology from the owner could have a had a whole different outcome for all involved. Watch your valuables if you dare to dine at Nuch's; we feel it is likely an employee who took our card when they saw an opportunity in the chaos.

Date of visit: November 2017