“Good Location and Good Staff”

Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel
Ranked #22 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Louisville, Kentucky
“Good Location and Good Staff”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I recently spent one night at the Sheraton in Salt Lake City to conduct a conference. I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and I have found the staff to be very nice and friendly. However, the hotel is oddly shaped with many hall-ways leading to the sleeping rooms. There are signs up to help guest locate their sleeping room and other locations in the hotel.

My sleeping room appeared to have new carpet and plently of lamps in the room. The mattress and pillows on the bed was very comfortable. The king room has ample space and the bathroom is well positioned. The hotel has a bar and restaurant. The food in the bar was actually pretty good and the bartender has been at the Sheraton for twleve years and is knowledgable of local restaurants. In addition, the hotel is located within walking distance of several fast food and full-service restaurants.

The staff in the confernece area was very helpful and professional. My conference took place without any problems. My only complaint is that when I arrived at the airport, it took the shuttle drive over 30 minutes to pick me up. There are several hotel in downtown Salt Lake City, but the Sheraton is one of the most best.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
TiffanyCHampton, Director of Sales at Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
We appreciate you posting on TripAdvisor and letting us know how we are doing. I am pleased to hear your conference and stay exceeded your expectations. For future stays, please freel free to contact the Hotel prior to travel to let us know what time we should anticipate your arrival so we can make sure we have our shuttles there when you arrive. Best wishes,
Tiffany Hampton, DOSM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This hotel was convenient to downtown area restaurants. Also walking distance to tourist attractions. We enjoyed our stay overall. Staff was very helpful. Rooms were a good size for a couple.

Room Tip: Select a room facing the Mormon Temple, nice view.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
We truly appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your next visit. Salt Lake is a fantastic walking city and a lot to see. Next time you join us in Salt Lake, please note that we have a complimentary downtown shuttle, based on availability. Thank you again for loyal Starwood members.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I was torn on how to rate this hotel. The staff was outstanding and accommodating. The rooms are attractive with the usual great comfort of the Sheraton beds and excellent pillows. We even received an unexpected upgrade which I rarely receive since I no longer have platinum status and am only gold. Unfortunately, the walls must be paper thin, because there was an extraordinary amount of noise coming from elsewhere in the hotel. It didn't seem like screaming, just a lot of coming and going and the noise felt like it was right in our room.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
I am very sorry that you experienced interuption of your guiet enjoyment during your stay. I reviewed events during your stay and none would have been out of the ordinary noise level so I will make sure that we address to our operation departments their noise and mulitple trips to collect supplies during their shifts. We look forward to your next stay with us. Best wishes,
Tiffany Hampton
DOSM
New York, NY
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed here for a week for a business conference and I have to say that the customer service was excellent. Everyone was extremely friendly and always helpful.

What put it over the top was on Friday. I forgot to set my alarm and the car service picking me up was trying to reach me but my phone had its ringer off. A nightmare situation, but one of the employees calmly went up and knocked on my door.

I was able to quickly gather my stuff and run out the door (and made my flight).

Afterwards, I realized I may have left some business cards behind in my hasty departure, but the hotel (Todd Andreason, specifically) answered my email for help and literally went into the room, found the business cards and transcribed them for me in an email. Now THAT is customer service:).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
It was our pleasure receiving your review; accolades were presented to Todd Andreason for his amazing customer service. We look forward to your next stay where you will have the opportunity to meet our other customer service specialists.Best wishes,
Tiffany Hampton
DOSM
Weston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 March 2012 via mobile

Okay hotel. Room was very big, with a loft for the bed and bath... But the heater was 'having s nightmare' loud.

Stayed March 2012
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2012

In 7 years as a platinum member, staying all over the wolrd, this hotel was absolutely the worst in terms of terrible staff and customer service. All they did was to stand around at the check-in desk and chat with each other - have no concept of serving customers. No bell captain, no concierge, no taxis, no sense of urgency - calling you a taxi in a reliable manner was beyond their capability - and an attitude that it wasnt their job to help. Rude, incompetent staff who do not understand what business travellers need. Management is the same - more interested in covering their staff than actually addressing the customers needs.There is a Marriot and a Hilton just as close or closer to the business areas - stay there !

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank BusinessTraveller579
Del Mar, California
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This is a typical Sheraton, dependably comfortable, with spacious rooms, nice showers and bathrooms, and very professional staff.

The pros: the usual Sheraton amenities, very competent and friendly staff, and free pick up to and from the airport, only 12 minutes away. The breakfast buffet is fine.

The cons: the major problem is noise from the outside. On one side of the hotel there is a very busy street with traffic starting early in the morning (trucks included). On the other side of the hotel you are facing the hotel ventilation exhausts (AC/heating) which is also noisy (less obtrusive IMHO, unless you get up very early).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
0.5 km away
Grand America Hotel
Grand America Hotel
#2 of 75 in Salt Lake City

Been to Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel? Share your experiences!