See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 18, 2017

My first impression of this Red Lion (now known as RL) was that is was an older hotel that was remodeled to be a more millennial friendly hotel ... the shorter name, the front desk that isn't there, etc. After about a 5 min wait, some girl dressed like any other 20 year old I would see on the street approached me - she looked official on account of the Ipad in her hand. She was friendly and helpful. The 10 dollar parking fee seemed a bit much - they share a parking lot with a Maverik and a strip mall behind the hotel. OK? They had me down for 1 queen bed - but I needed 2 queen beds. Switching was easy. Nice girls at the non-front desk.
The layout of the rooms are weird in this hotel - lots of rounding curved hallways. Not anyone's fault - just weird. Getting off the elevator, there was no signage telling me which way to go - so we walked around the floor guessing our way around the corners til we found our room. with the layout of the hotel, signage would be priceless...
The room ... no carpet, but hardwood floors. Very progressive but got used to it.
Nice giant TV, plenty of places to plug in phones and tablets. The fridge - well it looked plugged in but they only thing it did was make my Red Bulls sweaty - not really cold. Oh well.
Bathroom was nicely decorated. The light around the mirror was like from Hollywood - awesome! However after showering, I felt like I was in the depths of the Amazon (the place, not the website). There was no 'fan' to speak of so the steam had no where to go. It looked like the steam had warped the door some at the bottom - and let's just paint over that to hide it. Well it wasn't hidden. Otherwise the bathroom served its purpose.
Beds were comfortable but a little squeaky. Pillows were awesome. I slept pretty well.
Checkout was simple and pain free.

Overall some great things and some not so great things.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
hector m, General Manager at Hotel RL Salt Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Thank you so much for your comments and we will pass on your comments to our teams and use this as a great training tool. We have gone away from the traditional front desk and have a open concept with iPad's to check in. We also have an amazing selection of Victrola coffee who just won best coffee in Pacific Northwest. we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Had a horrible weekend here! New parking fee even though there's plenty of parking and Priceline indicated free parking (did end up getting it worked out but the girl at the nonexistent front desk basically said I was lying because she knew Priceline didn't do that), Had to repack our bags and get dressed to move rooms after settling in for 1 1/2 hours and finding the tub running a steady stream of hot water and the sink wouldn't drain and was filling fast. Tried to print at the business center and couldn't get the printer to work. Gave up after waiting 30 minutes for the help that was to be coming. Had to walk all around the outside of the building to get in when our keys didn't work the second day. No coffee maker in the rooms. Beds were uncomfortable and squeaky. Bathroom was old, moldy, and painted badly with dirty bathtub grout, white toothpaste spots all over the area in front of the sink, and the lid of the toilet when raised had a giant brown stain on it. The room was so hot and stuffy we had a hard time sleeping and this was a cool fall night. Asked for a late check out from 11 to 12 and was told had to call housekeeping at 6am. Got up and called and was told housekeeping doesn't come in until 7. Called again at 7 and was put on hold and then told I was being transferred to them only to get a voicemail. Then spent 8 minutes trying to get someone else on the phone. Sounds like they're trying to cater to millenials with no front desk, a weird stage thing right in the middle of the lobby that looks like people are to sit on it but never saw anyone hanging out there, and horrible customer service. Seems like they must not think too highly of them (or any guest really) based on our experience. Guest services was not helpful whatsoever.

Room Tip: Be prepared to pay for parking. It's very stuffy at night.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Freckles0901

Thank you so much for your review, comments like yours helps us train our teams. I would love an opportunity to speak with off line so that we can make this right for you. please accept our sincere apology for the inconvinence we have casued you.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

We were driving through Utah and needed to stay for one night. I was impressed by the accommodations at RL. I'm not super familiar with the Red Lion brand, but this hotel definitely seemed to be targeting a younger audience. The restaurant was a little expensive, but the food was good and the service was fast.

Would definitely stay here again and probably check out the other RL hotels in different cities.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Mayra G, Admin Assistant at Hotel RL Salt Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Vincent C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your stay here at the Hotel RL Salt Lake City! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and look forward to anymore visits you may have to Salt Lake City.

Reviewed October 10, 2017

my wife and I come down to salt lake city quite often to get away for an evening. Red Lion always has some great rates where we come down for a couple of nights to get away. Red Lion is always consistent. Comfortable beds, friendly staff, clean hotel. Close to downtown and convenient.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your comments and we are please to hear that you had an enjoyable visit. we look forward to welcoming you back home.

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

This hotel has changed so many times. When I walked in the girls had piercings and looked very unprofessional they were wearing ripped clothing and leggings. This is a hotel not Friday night at the bar. I got to my room and when I woke up in the morning I had bites all over my legs and butt. When I quietly told the hotel there was bed bugs in my room they instantly called me a liar and told me they didn’t have another room for me. I called my company who gives them millions of dollars of business each year. They then said they would move my room when I got to the hotel they hadn’t done anything they said I had to spend another hour after work dealing with the issue. They still called me a liar. They are very rude and I will not ever book to come back here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

thank you for your comments and this is very concerning to me. I would like to talk to you off line so that I may better assit you.