I attended a business meeting on February 6, 2012 and stayed three nights at this hotel. The shuttle from the airport was timely and came with a friendly driver. When I took the shuttle back to the airport the next day to rent a car, the lady driver was even better.
Food was a disappointment. The breakfast buffet was expensive and not nearly hot enough but the selection was good and the presentation was attractive. The off the menu breakfast was much better. I had one lunch, a burger, which was good but just ordinary. The only dinner I had was a fajita special which was not good at all.
The rooms were very comfortable with good temperature control. Shower pressure is important to me and this hotel was fine, not special, but ok.
I heard nothing at night but another member of our group commented that he could hear snoring all night like it was in the room with him. Traffic noise was minimal.
Overall, this was a well appointed mid-priced hotel with all the necessary amenities and a very friendly and competent staff. I would use it again, but would eat downtown when possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Salt Lake City Airport West! Minutes from Salt Lake International Airport, downtown Salt Lake City, and four world-famous ski resorts within 45 minutes, the Holiday Inn Salt Lake City Airport West is ideally located. A free airport shuttle is available. Well- appointed guest rooms in rich, warm tones with spacious and well-lit work areas will delight you. Stay connected with free high-speed internet access in-room and throughout the hotel. Tie up loose ends in our 24-hour business center and enjoy the HD flat screen TVs when work is done. Triple sheeted beds and a pillow menu provide a superior night's sleep. Dine on classic American cuisine in Wingtips Bar and Bistro, our full service restaurant or enjoy the ease of room service. Catch a game on large plasma TVs in our lounge. Maintain your exercise regimen in our fitness center, indoor pool, and whirlpool. Plan a successful event with our professional meeting and catering staff. We offer over 2300 square feet of flexible meeting space. Visit these popular attractions while in Salt Lake City, Home to the XIX Olympic Winter Games: Gateway & City Creek Shopping, Salt Palace Convention Center, Temple Square and the Great Salt Lake. Visit our corporate neighbors: GE Healthcare, L3 Communications, Raytheon, and Northrop Grumman. Experience all that the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Airport West has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West
- Holiday Inn Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West Utah