1,360 results
All reviews cookies double tree living room salt lake free parking front desk staff free breakfast enjoyed my stay very nice hotel shuttle service temple square business trip downtown area nice stay easy access great room convenient location
Reviewed June 21, 2016 via mobile

Arrived just before midnight after a wonderful rail trip from Denver.
Good welcome at reception and a free cookie each.
Our room was excellent with loads of space, although there were no facilities to make a cup of tea.
Breakfast was available as a buffet for just over $17.
We were shown to our table and an order was taken for tea. We waited. Another server turned up and we explained that we had ordered tea but it had yet to arrive. She duly went off to get some and we headed for the buffet. The selection of fruit was limited with empty dishes that no-one had bothered to replenish. We then poured our team, only to find it was luke- warm. That was replaced.
I had previously poured maple syrup on my porridge but noted that the jar was close to empty. I then looked for the jar to pour some on my pancakes. The jar and label had gone. Was it too much trouble to refill the jar?
We walked to Denny's the following morning for better service and value for money.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Blake S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2016

Hi Selhurst300,

Thank you for sharing the review of your stay at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton. I'm glad you enjoyed our extra large rooms - perfect after a long train ride to Salt Lake City. It seems we failed to impress you with our breakfast selection and service - so we'll use your comments to provide a better breakfast experience in the future. Please accept my apologies, as we genuinely work to provide a great stay for all guests. If you do plan on returning to SLC, I hope you'll let me know. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back!

Reviewed June 20, 2016

My sister was having a heart pump installed at University Hospital so I spent most of my time there. (My visit was 6/14-6/17/2016). Thursday at 11pm I returned to my room with clean sheets (supposedly). The sheets were stained and my coffee was not replenished (my mess was still there). The coffee was brought up and mess cleaned up. They brought clean sheets and said "here". I had to make my own bed at 11:30pm!! Problem was noted and resolved the next day, I received a medical discount. they cookies were great and everyone was nice. But I won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: staff is nice, cookies are yummy. housekeeping is terrible.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Gramaya

Hi Gramaya,

Our entire team sends good thoughts to you and your family during this stressful time. Please accept my apologies for the frustrating service you experienced from our housekeeping team - especially at such a late hour. I'm glad to hear that your problem was taken care of, and that we were able to provide a medical discount during this difficult time. We hope that if you do return to the DoubleTree Suites, it is under happier circumstances, and that we are able to welcome you back and Make it Right.

Cheers,

Reviewed June 19, 2016

Since the the beginning of the year, we have stayed at the Salt Lake City Double Tree, Downtown, on four different occasions. Each experience was wonderful! The staff is friendly and helpful....and the beds are the best!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Blake S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2016

Hi Lorit828,

WOW - you really made our day! Thank you for the kind review, and for your wonderful compliments towards our staff. I'll be sure to share your review with our entire team. We are thrilled that you love our new beds - and hope you feel the same way about our new televisions that are being delivered now!

Thanks Lorit828 - we look forward to welcoming back soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2016

We were here for 8 nights for the a work week. The room is very large and gave us plenty of room to spread out. There is no door between the sitting area and bedroom. It means therefore means when one person is up everyone is up. The beds were comfortable and the front desk was helpful at checkin. I was there with students and they were very kind to give my students cookies on several nights. My only complaints are the room did not get cleaned every day and we were told we needed to check out by 10 am by the cleaning service. The room did not get very cool during the day even when turned on the lowest setting and the parking garage is a pain to deal with. The suites are starting to show their age but overall I would recommend this hotel due to the size of the rooms and the comfort of the suites.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank TheSuze12

Hi TheSuze12,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your 8 night stay! We hope you and your students have traveled home safely - and enjoyed your visit to Salt Lake City! I'm glad to hear that you and your students enjoyed the size of our suites - perfect for an extended visit. Please accept my apologies if your room wasn't serviced when you had left for the day - and I'll be sure to pass on your comments to our housekeeping team to help avoid any concerns in the future.

Thanks TheSuze12!

Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here while passing through. The rooms are huge and very clean & comfortable. Great staff & service. The gentleman working the night shift on 6/19 should be rewarded for how friendly and helpful he is. It was my first time in the city and he made me feel welcome and not only gave me a great impression of your hotel but also your city. Just by simply asking "is there anything I can do to make your stay the best it can be" and genuinely meaning it makes such a difference. Thanks for the great nights rest.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Hi Aaron E,

Wow - thank you for the outstanding review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your quick visit to our city, and hope to be able to welcome you back again soon. I will definitely pass on your compliments to Geoff, who checked you in, and provided such a warm welcome!

Thanks Aaron,