“Great deal for the price!”
Review of Royal Garden Inn

Royal Garden Inn
Ranked #66 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Saint Francis, Wisconsin
“Great deal for the price!”
Reviewed 4 December 2011

This hotel is a contradiction in terms.

Same garbage stuck in the bushes and laying around the parking lot for 3 days BUT the room was very clean.

Hospitality area and the microwave in the lobby were ungodly filthy (can't believe they couldn't afford a new microwave - that one could never be cleaned) - but the front desk personnel were incredibly friendly.

2 days in a row the breakfast was under-stocked: Dry cereal but no milk, biscuit gravy but no biscuits. They finally were replenished when I walked across the parking lot to ask the front desk staff person to call the kitchen which was right behind the food station which was inaccessible from the dining room. The young man that came out was wearing an apron over his winter coat and was wearing a hat (where was he working actually?). The tables were used and not wiped down after people left. I am thinking maybe a more experienced person in food service should replace this guy who didn't seem to want to do the job.BUT they had 2 nice waffle makers.

Laundry was in the Comfort Suites across the way, also owned by the same person. The laundry room attached to the fitness room were absolute sties although the machines only cost $1 per load which is very reasonable..

Would we stay here again? Absolutely 0 the location was safe and the rate was reasonable and the room very clean. Just go really early for breakfast and don't linger in the 1970's lobby with the original microwave and coffee cart.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KnittingNut53110

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 24 October 2011

The room did sort of have a lingering smell of vomit. Very faint, but there. Room was old and out dated, but otherwise, bed was comfy, TV worked, toilet flushed.
They did have smoking rooms.
We were in the back building. My guess is that the front building was likely a bit more up to date, but I don't know for a fact.
Great central location for down town events and dining.
If you are on a real tight budget, look no further. Actually right next door to Motel 6 which got worse reviews when we looked.
Breakfast was just what you would expect and was pretty good. Seemed like some lesser financed neighborhood folks thought so too.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HowsItTastin
Norfolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Best hotel value so far on our 45 day trip. Paying $59 per night which includes an adequate breakfast, for a very nice, large, ground floor room (No 416).

Approx. 15 minute easy walk into centre of town where it is possible to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir rehearsing for free.

Booked initially for one night, enjoyed it so much we ended up staying three. Highly recommended hotel.

Room Tip: Room 416 is a ground floor room, reasonably convenient for the car park if you are lugging bags. Roo...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Avery-Little
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed here a couple of days on our way further north and the hotel was just fine. No frills, but the room was clean. As far as breakfast goes, we're not fussy. Bagels and cream cheese were all we needed. For the price we paid, the hotel was nice.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank drfilomena
California City, California
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We were not expecting a room at the Hilton but the hallways, the room and the bathroom were dirty. Towels and sheets did not smell clean. The room stunk and we reserved a nonsmoking room. The carpet had different shapes of stains, we were afraid to take our shoes off. There were dirty used plastic cups under the bed. The airconditioning did not work and when we turned it on, it sounded like a mini roller coaster. The bathroom was falling apart. Breakfast ends earlier than other hotels so be sure to check with the receptionist. If we knew the room was going to be in this condition, we would have driven another 2 hours somewhere even if we were tired to get something better.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first, check the bathroom and airconidtioning
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ReasonableMe123

Travellers are raving about these Salt Lake City hotels

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2011

That's what it should be named. I arrived to Salt lake City Utah for a conference, I had no choice in the hotel as it was picked by a committee. (I will deal with them later) & what they picked was an atrocity.! I arrived late at night around 10 pm.

As I entered the main lobby to check in there was an odor that was unbelievable! It smelled like mold & mildew. The couches were old dirty & dingy.. As was the carpet with stains all over. I was afraid to sit on them. I checked in and was going to my room on the second floor when 3 police cars arrived & went into a room and brought out 2 people in handcuffs. That should have set off the alarms.

I went to my room and opened the door...the same thing happened.I was hit with a odor that was moldy..I did not put my clothes into the drawers but kept them in my luggage.
The bathroom shower had mildew on the tiles & in the tub..I called down to the front desk & said they would check it tomorrow. I found a open drug store about a mile away. & got 2 bottles of Lysol!!!! so it was tolerable.

The halls were very dark and dirty..the ice makers did not work..I actually went to a store and bought my own towels. I can go on & on...But please trust me... don't get a room here or stay here.! Thank god there was a cancellation at the Embassy Suites next door...so I took it the next day!

ROYAL GARDEN INN?...SHOULD BE NAMED ROYAL GARBAGE INN.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Brasschaat, Belgium
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We stayed here in June, the lobby was very big but o so dirty, Iguess the windows had not been cleaned for ages.... The stairs and hallway to the room were also very dirty, It would take just a broom to claen it up. The room was not so bad; big a good bed.
Breakfast was disappointing, Belgian waffles( I live in Belgium, they did not even look or tast like Belgian waffles and we never eat them for breakfast) cakes and other sweets.
The location was ok, it was a nice walk to the center of S.L.city.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple