Salt Lake City Marriott University Park
Ranked #22 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Barksdale, Texas
“Good”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms nice, clean, etc. Views exceptional.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 28 March 2012

It was interesting when I walked in the room and saw the letter about the red elder box bugs. At first I was nervous but the letter helped as these bugs don't harm food, clothes, or your skin. I did not see any in my room and the room was very clean. Nice customer service.

Kinnelon, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The hotel was clean and the staff was nice. But there were many mistakes made. I asked for a pillow twice and finally had to find housekeeping on my floor and get the pillow from them. Towels were thin and scratchy.
There were many mistakes made in the dining area. However at one point, I was not feeling well and went to the dining area to get some toast. They could not have been nicer and didn't charge for the toast.
The shuttle system was wonderful and took us beyond the boundaries set by the hotel. This was greatly appreciated. I would go again. Hope at very least they can get nicer towels by then.

Room Tip: Nothing to add. Room was quiet and I did get a good nights sleep.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Based on the number ranking and some of the reviews, my husband and I were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very nice, could use some updating, but generally very nice. We had a king room, nonsmoking, away from the atrium. On Saturday, we received a notice that there was a big party in the atrium that night and an offer to switch rooms. We stayed put and didn't hear a thing once the door was closed. Only complaint - bathroom was very small.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 526 and it was far enough away from the atrium to be quiet. If you want a quieter...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Sopnisticated but homey, room was clean and spacious. Nice restaurant on site with beautiful views. We were in town to visit our granddaughter at U. of Utah and attend an on-campus ballet performance. Hotel provided free shuttle service to and from campus anytime we needed. Drivers were friendly and accommodating, as were all staff. Check-in and -out efficient.

Room Tip: Mountain views
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 3 March 2012

This Hotel was assigned to me by the Customer because of a rate agreement. Wait till my Customer finds out they wouldn’t honor the agreement.

Dealing with the Front Desk was a disaster. Everyone had a different view of the rules. The really good reading is at the bottom of this review.

My room was fairly small with a single Queen size bed that I sunk halfway to the floor in. Definitely not comfortable. Bathroom was also quite small with not so great water pressure. The room was definitely not worth $167.77 per night.

I used my Smart Phone for e-mails, and reading online news because I refuse to pay $10.00 a day for WiFi that other Hotels give you for Free.

When I saw the prices in the restaurant, I decided to eat else ware.

How about a complimentry cup of coffee from the lobby on your way to work? You won't get it here.

Now for the interesting stuff. Here are the Facts. You decide.

My Credit Card Co. called with a Fraud alert on Friday Morning. Seems someone tried to charge $160.00 worth of Music to their iPhone. (It was declined) 10 minutes later a charge of $35.00 and change came from the Marriott / University Hotel. I asked the Front Desk why someone would charge $35 to my account in the middle of my stay, and what was this charge for? They have the charge on record as charged, and declined. (I stopped it). No one knew who or why, and no one was concerned that it was declined. After hours of asking, I was told I would have to wait until Monday. That was it. I moved to the Holiday Inn Express.

4 Thank JimDavisHouston
park city UT
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This place is a pretty tired old Marriott that could use a serious update. The rooms are dated; in fact the whole place is dated. It's in a good location if you need to be near the University or if you have business in Research Park, but otherwise there are far better places to stay in Salt Lake. The service was mediocre at best.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo