All reviews front desk research park red butte garden natural history museum concierge floor nice hotel salt lake full service views of the mountains breakfast buffet free parking fitness center downtown area starbucks utah lobby atrium
Reviewed September 19, 2015

This property is a better fit if you are visiting Utah University or going to a Utes football game. If you need to be downtown, attend the Salt Palace convention center or visit the Energy Solutions Area you should probably have your own car. The hotel provides a shuttle, but it will only take you approximately two miles, which will get you to the TRAX rail system. If you have the above destinations, a transfer is required and a one way trip takes about an hour. A cab is another option but the fee was $40 for less than 5 miles! Overall, the staff was nice. The front desk was a little less attentive than other Marriott properties but their housekeeping and restaurant staff were good. Our room was also fine and had a nice view but we will probably choose another location next time.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank GreatTraveltime
JoeS278, Manager at Salt Lake City Marriott University Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2015

Thank you for your recent stay and review of our property! Your feedback has been shared with our team as well!

Reviewed September 17, 2015

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while in Salt Lake City for a concert. It was one of my first experiences with the Marriott chain. Nice hotel! The rooms were spacious and well-planned to maximize quiet for sleeping. Our room had a huge picture window in the bedroom looking out over the hills. We had our morning coffee in bed, while watching the clouds moving across the landscape. (In room coffee make, fridge and microwave).
The evening we got there, we'd already spent 7 hours in airports and planes and just wanted a drink and some comfort food. We went down to their lounge "Pitchers" and sat at the bar. The bartender was friendly and helpful. I ordered salmon, which was excellent...the vegetable side was fresh and not overcooked. My husband ordered the meatloaf, which was outstanding; probably the best he's ever eaten, rich dark gravy and well-cooked, juicy and tasty meat. The prices were reasonable.
The layout of this hotel is impressive, with rooms surrounding inner common areas. This hotel can accommodate conventions.
In the morning I went down to the pool for my workout. As I walked by the fitness roomI could see that it looked modern and spacious, with an excellent choice of machines. The pool was on the small side, but as I was the only person there, it was ample for my purposes. The deck area is very large, with many patio tables set-up, and an attached outdoor sun area. The towels were large, thick and plentiful. The entire pool area is encased in floor to ceiling windows, looking out over the hills. Very beautiful. My only comment is that there is neither showers nor change rooms at the pool. There is a large sign with "hygiene rules" posted beside the pool, with the first rule being to shower before entering the pool. Without a shower in the area, do they really expect you to shower in your room, and walk soaking wet across the lobby and past the lounge to go for a swim? Not too likely!
The lack of change facilities, bathroom or shower seems to be an incongruous oversight in such a well-designed hotel...particularly one that has recently been renovated.
However, in spite of that, we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms looking out over the hills have a gorgeous view.
Reviewed September 15, 2015 via mobile

I have to stay in this hotel for 5 days. Today is my first one. Reception work was fast and kind. Then i step into the room and found the remote control super dirty. I cleaned it!! Then ordered room service, and when I wanted to use the mayonnaise for my burger... The seal wasn't there (it was used), although the mustard and ketchup did have it on. What can come next? If attention is not payed on details the quality and trust of a brand disappear!!! Disappointing experience!!!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Sasha M
JoeS278, Manager at Salt Lake City Marriott University Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2015

Sasha M -

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback regarding your experience. We pride ourselves on providing a memorable experience and have fallen short of ours and our goal. I apologize for the issues you have encountered and have shared your feedback with the appropriate team members.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed September 12, 2015

I arrived the day of the Michigan-Utah game, an email had been sent out a week prior saying certain room types might not be available until 5:30. They asked that you provide your arrival time beforehand.

I called as I and spoke to the front desk a week before, and since I had a king room and was a Marriott Gold member, they indicated that those were not the room types that were tied up and there should not be a problem.

I arrived at 2:30, and found that I was #27 to get a room, and the list was made with referring to any computer notes that were with the reservations. We waited as long as we could to get out room, but finally left for our event in the clothes that we had traveled in that day as we refused to change in the lobby restroom.

We were to get a call when our room was ready, that never happened.

A room with a King bed was guaranteed, but when we got our room at 11P, it was two queen beds.

I had to inquire about free breakfast as a Gold Rewards member, it was not offered to me.

The only thing positive was I met the next morning with the assistance GM, and he did a few good things to ease the pain. He could not put the genie back in the bottle, but he did his best. Unfortunately, the damage has already occurred.

I had submitted a review called Nightmare, but changed it to this review after contact with the GM

1  Thank GoBlue2222
JoeS278, Manager at Salt Lake City Marriott University Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2015

Go Blue 2222,

Thank you for your amended review. I am happy to hear that you have had contact with the GM and is sounds like you were able to express your concerns to him as well. Again, thank you for the amended review. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Salt Lake City.

KW

Reviewed September 9, 2015

I was looking for a nice place to spend the Labor Day weekend with just my wife (our kids were at their other parental units) and came across this hotel. Got a great rate on Priceline and was pleasantly surprised. Our room was fabulous with a great king bed and a view of the Salt Lake Valley that was amazing. We're high enough that we left our blinds open to take advantage of the view the entire weekend. The staff was gracious and attentive. The hotel is located around the campus of the University of Utah and very quiet. Its just a quick 3-5 minute drive down into downtown. This is a location we will coming back too.

Room Tip: The high the floor the better the view. Ask for a south facing room.