“Mexican fare”

Marcella's Cafe and Bakery
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Ajo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 21, 2017

We had breakfast here. It was served quickly, and the food was typico. Tasty and filling. There aren't many dining choices in Ajo, and this one gives you a good solid breakfast.

Reviewed March 20, 2017

Service was excellent, frindly and fast. Evening staff have much to learn from our server. Our meals arrived fast and hot.

Reviewed March 17, 2017

This is a very humble restaurant, like most in Ajo. The decor is pleasant, with paintings for sale on the walls. My experienced friend said the chile verde was excellent; surely the serving was most generous. My albondigas soup was likewise excellent. The grilled shrimp were probably sub-par, altho they came from Mexico, apparently, at Puerto Penasco. The staff were very nice, if hardly polished. The "maitre d'" was a woman of very fine humor and a lust for life. Don't expect fine dining, but if you're hungry it'll do just fine. Stick with traditional Mexican choices, probably.

Reviewed March 2, 2017

Good Mexican food. Prompt and friendly service.. Marcella's far exceeded my expectations for a restaurant in Ajo.

Reviewed March 1, 2017

This restaurant is the only place in town that serves dinner. Town has 4,000 people. We tried to order the healthier items on the menu. Chimichangas were good according to my husband. They were out of several meats so I ordered the t- bone med well. It had been thawed and it tasted ok except parts were dry. Our relatives were ok with their tacos. Server was working very hard as she was the only employee serving that night
Sorry but I wanted to like it better and I see that the town needs businesses.

Been to Marcella's Cafe and Bakery? Share your experiences!