“Disappointing for a first time visit”
Review of Desserts by Gerard

Desserts by Gerard
Ranked #2 of 5 Quick Bites in Oxon Hill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 7, 2018

I stopped by Desserts by Gerard on a Sunday at 12:15pm. There was a line out the door; they close at 1pm on Sunday. I wanted some assorted mini pastries but all of the ones I picked they were out of. So I had the clerk give me 6 of whatever kind they had. I also purchased 2 chocolate covered strawberries and one of the chocolate chip cookie containers on the table for $7.95. The pastries were good, the chocolate covered strawberries were also good. The BIG DISAPPOINTMENT was the container of chocolate chip cookies; they were so hard I felt as if my teeth would break. I asked my grandson to try one and he screamed these cookies are too hard!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 31, 2018

My company utilized Desserts by Gerard to celebrate all occasions, including just because days when someone is feeling generous. The word has traveled quick through our 2,000+ staff and many will take a personal trip for a sweet treat. A popular cake among the staff is the Strawberry Shortcake. I had a request to order cupcakes 2 hours before a celebration. I called Gerard's and the staff quickly put together the requested mix in time for our celebration. This bakery is locally known and highly recommended.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

‘Everything here is delicious! The minis are small but pack a lot of flavor - vanilla cake with lemon butter cream, carrot cake and the cream cheese brownie. Now that strawberry shortcake is out of this world delicious, beautifully and elegant. You must try this place, it is a definitely a golden nugget in Oxon Hill, MD.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed August 8, 2018

The shop was hopping on the day my daughters and I stumbled upon this hidden gem. It was fun watching the beautiful, huge cakes leave in front of us. We chose some brownies which were delicious, and some petit fours, and they were delicious! Fun treat.... will definitely be back when we're in the area.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

The finest deserts in Oxon Hill. If you want some personalized culinary sweets this is the place to go!!