See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 17, 2011

A very nice place to stay, the afternoon staff was soo friendly and very helpful to us, in pickiing places to dine!!! the only thing I found dirty, was the top of the refrigartor, hasnt been cleaned in awhile, Other than that, It was clean!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank brumleylis
Reviewed May 29, 2010

I was greeted as if I were family at the Extended Stay Deluxe! They made sure that I was quickly checked in and answered any questions I had about the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank jerryg78258
Reviewed July 26, 2009

My husband and I spent 2 nights here, July 18 & 19. I called to see if we could check in early and was told that there was no one at the desk. Okay, this is a motel right? Shouldn't someone be at the desk? Well, apparently not. They have a sign they put on the desk saying they are away from the desk and will return shortly. So if you need something, you are out of luck.
The carpet is worn and dingy. Our room was okay but smelled faintly of smoke, ick. Above our bed where the smoke alarm should have been, there were just wires dangling. One of the lamps was missing a light bulb, and the battery in the kitchen clock was dead. They did replace the battery in the clock but we never did get a lightbulb or a smoke alarm. Is it a law that motel rooms must have alarms?
The second day of our stay, I dropped our towels off at the front desk and was told I could get clean ones later that afternoon. No daily maid service. We returned about 4 o'clock and were given towels but there were no washcloths available. Never did get any washcloths. How can you have a motel and not have enough washcloths???
Went to the pool that afternoon. It is very small, te chairs were dirty, and the water in the pool was unpleasantly warm. The pool was not too clean either.
We stayed here because we were told that the Residence Inn, where we usually stay, was doing some renovations, and there might be noise and some areas would not be accessible. I will stay at the Residence Inn from now on, no matter what they are doing. It is clean and very nice.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Holly816
Reviewed April 2, 2009

The management was kind, courteous and professional. They immediately addressed and were genuinely concerned with my needs. I felt like a guest not a number.

I was even more impressed as I listened to Margaret take care of other customers as well. She was consistently professional and kind. I would highly recommend this hotel. I plan on staying everytime I come to Corpus. Keep up the GREAT work!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank lgarcia0729
Reviewed March 22, 2009

My family stayed for four nights at the Extended Stay Deluxe in Corpus for Spring Break 2009. We saw several dumpy hotels out near the causeway, on Padre Island, and in Aransas Pass advertising rooms for the same price we paid. Extended Stay provided coffee and plain bagels almost every morning. I’m tempted to say something about coffee/bagels only on weekends, but the offering was so spartan, that it’s just not worth it.

We stayed in one of two handicapped rooms due to a family member on crutches. The room was clean, the bathroom fixtures were up-to-date (i.e. 30 years old and rusting), and the small kitchenette was adequate for our needs. “Daily refresh services” (e.g. vacuuming, making the bed, fresh towels, and removing trash) was $3/day extra. There were a few dishes and one packet of dish-washer powder for the automatic dishwasher. The handicapped shower flooded the bathroom every time we used it, but we’re innovative people, so we found ways to de-flood the bathroom.

The bottom line: This place was slightly better than average at this price point, and yes, we would stay again to avoid paying Spring Break peak-prices elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family