“do not arrive with expectations”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corpus Christi
Loft Corpus Christi
Ranked #11 of 16 Corpus Christi B&B and Inns
Houston, TX
“do not arrive with expectations”
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Read good reviews of this place, but I am half way through a pre-paid stay and not impressed. I don't think the owners were expecting me, yet had received confirmation of reservation and a receipt for 1/2 the rate. Arrived early evening. Instructions "keys under mat" which they were. No A/C on, hot does not begin to describe. Outside temp was 93 and felt refreshing compared to inside. Felt stale, as if it had been closed up for a long time. Took A/C on high, two ceiling fans and a portable fan I found in the closet on high until 3am to even be somewhat cool. No food provided as was advertised, stale milk in refrigerator, which made me return to website to make sure I had not misunderstood. Took a cool shower after unpacking, and found new towels so full of fuzz that I had to shower again. New towels are not a bad thing, but...
Also annoying that a light is on and off all night, perhaps a motion-sensor light.
Yes, there is wireless and it works fine. What really got me is upon logging on, found I had been charged the balance of my stay already. So how did they not understand I was arriving?
Went to the house next door which apparently is the owner's residence and a business. An administrative assistant said she'd call the owner. I returned after work today to find a basket of coffee, muffins, and milk in the refrigerator. Seems there should be more by way of amends.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business