“Best Meal Hands Down in Corpus Christi, TX”
Review of Black Sheep Bistro

Black Sheep Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Sheep Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 700 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
South Texas
“Best Meal Hands Down in Corpus Christi, TX”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I try visiting BSB at least twice a month, considering I live about 40 minutes away. This place is by far the best dining experience in this area. They have a great lunch menu which I take advantage of all the time, especially with my girlfriends. At night, it's a totally different more upscale menu which I also love. I have tried most of their items in the menu. Their filet mignon is out of this world. So is their Linguini di Mare, Lasagna, Akasushi Burger, Chimichurri Shrimp, Tenderloin and Portabella lunch sandwich, salads, OMG and their desserts...WOW all are fantastic. Does it get better? YES, they have an outdoor patio and are pet friendly as long as you sit out there, which is beautiful, pleasant and you get the island breeze even in summer, does it get better? YES, it is BYOB, with a $10 cork fee. I mean, it is perfection!!!! I take all my friends that come visit here. I strongly recommend. And, last but not least, their wait staff, Emily, Veronica, Kara, their manager, Romeo, strive to make your experience the best. Bon appetit. You won't regret driving to this awesome place.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank frenchie27

Texas
“Nice little Bistro with good food”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

My spouse and I ate here today. I found the food good and the portions perfect. The prices are right where they belong. Food looks fresh, smells coming from kitchen were amazing. Service was quick and the waitress attentive. For a couple , this $50 meal was well worth it to have good atmosphere, service and taste....compared to earlier in the week $25 meal with poor service and horrible food at another local eatery.
I think this is a great place to eat for couples looking for a little intimate conversation, older couples, or friends looking for a good meal with a wine or beer (big selections).

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank smilinggypsy
Corpus Christi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not my cup of tea”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Although the atmosphere was great and the people were nice.......all the food was extremely over salted and the basic flavors weren't there. Visually the photos of the food were fantastic, however it looked better than it taste. The only thing we enjoyed was our salads. Nice try but didn't make the cut. I would have rather eaten at 500 Bistro downtown Corpus.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank ChristineFinley
Louisville, KY
“Loved the food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I read the reviews for Black Sheep Bistro and just had to go try the crab nachos. We went on a Sunday and the nachos were not the on brunch menu but the kitchen made us some anyway (THANK YOU).
The nachos, spinach/blackberry salad, crab cakes and bottomless mimosas were absolutely fabulous! The decor and atmosphere were great!
Definitely a "must go to" on my next trip!

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank LilSisKY
Naperville, Illinois
“Great Find!!”
Reviewed 21 November 2011

What a great find! Inside was really warm and welcoming and had really neat art on the walls. Our waitress was fantastic- knowledgable about menu and gave good recommendations. After a long day outside, I was thirsty and she refilled my water glass without delay. The crab nachos were delicious and my Lasagna was really tasty. I would go back in a heartbeat if in the area again. Great find!

3 Thank Mboke