“Good food, solid.”

Senor Jaime's Mexican Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #98 of 737 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

I've been here twice and both times the food was very good. Once was as a couple, this time with a large group.
Wait staff was good, not great. The keeper is the food. The main course was excellent. I had chicken enchiladas. I'm told the cheese ones are very good. I want to try them all, to be honest. I'll be back to find out. Food tastes good, not dry or over done.
Queso was very good too., With the chips, but The chips, though, hmm... Some were stale. Enough to mention, but not enough to tank the score. Thanks!

Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

Well to begin with we entered restaurant and the hostess was very rude and became upset when I asked if we could please have a table away from the entrance and glared at me as if I'd asked for something impossible and beyond her ability to walk a few steps to another table. Then she seats us at a table that was dirty and became irritated when I asked her to wipe the table down. We waited like 10 minutes to get a waitress and when she finally came to take our order at least 30 minutes past before we were served and she didn't return to refill drinks my sister had to get up and get our drinks refilled. The waitress was only nice at the end of the meal and brought out large bills with my change from the ticket just in time for her tip. So while I knew that she absolutely did not deserve a tip I still did the right thing and tipped her anyway. So as we are leaving and getting into our vehicle the waitress comes out with the receipt and the tip I left her n handed back snarling at us. We were beside ourselves. I couldn't believe that after the bad service we were given and still going ahead and doing a good deed in tipping her she had the audacity to walk all the way outside with her rude attitude because she believed we should have tipped her more money after that horrific dining experience. Save ur money and take your business and tips elsewhere my friends. This place was on a whole different level horrible!!!

2  Thank Mariah M
Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

Very elegant setting in the restaurant. We enjoyed the food and will definitely return. We went by chuys and they were way to busy for our timing. Our first time there and was a great value for the money. Service was good but took a little longer to get it than we would have liked. Time constraint put us having to rush but if taking our time would have been just fine. The chili relleno was better than chuys.

Reviewed February 6, 2017

Best salsa on the planet. Seriously. The BEST!

Tableside quac is also great. The puffy tacos are a must try as well!

1  Thank ML_ATL2013
Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

Best patron margaritas, table side guacamole, and Tex mex food. Also try the flan dessert. Yvonne was our waitress and was very kind. We will ask for her at our next visit.