“New Place”

Senor Jaime's Mexican Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #100 of 739 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 17, 2017

Nice atmosphere, ample seating, not enough staff, overall not a bad place to eat.
I failed to get the waitress' name, however she did a great job eventhough she was a little overwhemled. I had the fajitas tropical, which is fajitas grilled with pineapple,and other fruits. I would definitely go back for this plate. My daughter had the chicken strips and fries, the last 2 pieces were undercooked, will not order that again. My wife had the mini tacos, which were right on the money. Despite the short staff, undercooked chicken, and the running out of lemonade, we will return again.
The cost is not bad either.

Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

Awesome food, atmosphere and portions were good. Waitress ( Yvonne) was very friendly and engaging and made us feel at welcome.

1  Thank catcarlson
Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I are always looking for that special place where we can enjoy a great meal and each others company. This will be your destination from now on. The service is/was friendly and answered all our questions about menu items. Best of all the food is awesome! Specializing in all your favorite tex-mex fare with an upscale twist. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

One of my favorite places! The decor is so inviting as if you are eating at someone's lovely home, not a restaurant. Nice music playing. Not a loud and noisy place that's for sure. Clean.
The lightly seasoned chips with the chunky salsa (nice white flavorful onions, cilantro, & tomatoes). The chicken enchiladas were not skimpy on the chicken and the shrimp enchiladas might have tiny shrimp in them but nice flavor. Three enchiladas to an order, nice sized at that and reasonably priced. The food isn't 'heavy' if that makes sense (Like the very popular also good place in town is, which has a heavy sauce). From time to time I have found that the staff is not friendly but not on this visit, just the opposite!
If you haven't tried it, you should!

Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

I've been here twice and both times the food was very good. Once was as a couple, this time with a large group.
Wait staff was good, not great. The keeper is the food. The main course was excellent. I had chicken enchiladas. I'm told the cheese ones are very good. I want to try them all, to be honest. I'll be back to find out. Food tastes good, not dry or over done.
Queso was very good too., With the chips, but The chips, though, hmm... Some were stale. Enough to mention, but not enough to tank the score. Thanks!