“Charge a share fee if $6”
Review of Shogun

Shogun
Ranked #443 of 715 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

The food here was actually good but my daughter and I can't eat a whole plate. We always share a plate. They charged us $6 for sharing a plate. I'll never go back there again. What a rip off.

Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

We had the $80 groupon. We went on a Wednesday night around 8:30. We were greeted by "Kim" a friendly hostess/possibly the owner. We told her we had a groupon and she showed us the menu and what we had to pick from. The choices were pricey and be aware they will try to upsale you, fried rice is extra $2.50. The sushi was yummy and rolled perfectly. The Hibachi chef, Victor was awesome. He was funny and personable; everyone in our party of four enjoyed him! The food was tasty. Look at your bill carefully as we had an extra $2.00 added. It was quickly and apologetically removed as soon as we made Kim aware. I did think it was odd the gratuity was added on our bill for a party of four (it is Corpus though and ignorance is bliss). We did add extra to the tip than there 15% gratuity they added.. Would go back!

2  Thank vacationfamily3
Reviewed 16 December 2015

Their food is very good but it is expensive. We ate the hibachi style food just last week at their new location and it was delicious. I was surprised the the hibachi combinations were over $20/each but everything we had was excellent. The owner was our waitress and she was super nice and gave us excellent service. We went in with a $40 Groupon which helped with the cost

Reviewed 21 October 2015 via mobile

Came here with a groupon. They did give us a hassle as another party of 2 sat w/us & also had a groupon & didn't let them use it. The chef was very nice & entertining!! He made the trip here worth it! The service was so so we had to get up & ask to have our drinks refilled. Even with the groupon still turned out very expensive I don't think I would go back.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

The chef was fairly entertaining, although he was a little crass. The prices are too high for what you get which might explain why the five of us where the only customers for the entire time (6-8 p.m.). The wait staff was beyond complacent and the manager didn't seem at all interested when I explained that all of the navigation and search programs have them listed at their old address on Saratogo Blvd. Their new address is 5702 S. Staples St. (I submitted the change to Trip Advisor)