“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2015

I came here for the first time for a birthday dinner and it was fabulous. The atmosphere and the aura is really nice and calm. I have heard nothing but such great comments about this place so I came with high expectations. The food really was fantastic! The portions looked small at first but ended up being perfectly sized. For a Vietnamese cuisine restaurant, it has a fusion flare and is more upscale. I really like the surprise that it's not going to be just your average Asian restaurant.

The only thing I want to note is that I'd probably have to try this place again sometime real soon because the service of my waiter was not on par with my expectations. I felt rushed during my meal and he was very adamant about clearing my plates as fast as he could. I was disappointed to find out it was only because I was his last table of his shift and he just wanted to hurry home when I ran into him in the parking lot. Tsk tsk. Other then that, everything else is perfection.

Reviewed November 19, 2015 via mobile

Found ad in tourist publication on way to museums. Very pleasant lunch. Fried broccoli appetizer recommended by waiter was delicious. Great way to have vegetables. Medley entree full of scallops, shorimp, beef, pork & calamari. Good food. Nice decor.

Reviewed November 12, 2015

This place has the best roasted chicken dish I have ever eaten. It is crunchy on the outside but nice and tender on the inside. The mariniade is so delectable, I wish I had the recipe. So much food, feeds 2 at least.

Reviewed November 11, 2015

I expected a little hole in the wall with some neat Vietnamese dishes (I obviously didn't read any reviews), but I went along with the group because several said the food was very good. The place is beautiful and very well run. Our knowledgeable and efficient waiter, David, recommended some spring rolls and baby back ribs served flambé. Delicious! He then described the specials.
Two of my companions ordered the Chateaubriand (12 oz tenderloin with mushrooms and vegetables in a wonderful wine reduction - I can't say it as well as David did). They both said it was the best steak they had ever had!
I opted for the Bo Duc Lac (since I was looking for a neat Vietnamese dish). It was very good, but not as exotic as it sounds. Another one of our group ordered the Chicken Curry and asked for a spicy version. David warned that the 1 to 5 "spicy" scale should be entered at "3," but he said he wanted a "5". He really enjoyed the curry but said the "5" was not quite spicy enough for his taste.
A third person with us ordered the Lemongrass Chicken and raved over it. All seven of us had a good report...Long story short, the place was GREAT. I will definitely go back (and get the Chateaubriand), and I enthusiastically recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed October 29, 2015

Gorgeous restaurant a block away from the beach. The decoration is elegant and the setting just complements for a great dinning experience.

Didn't get to try a lot, as I just had dinner with my family, but couldn't control myself and being just a block away from an Oriental restaurant and not to try it.

Ordered my testing regular a chicken soup (Pho Ga) and fried rice. Very expensive $15 each, a bit high for such humble dishes. A was not happy with the food. Now, I have to be fair with them they offer a French influence Vietnamese culinary experience, which I didn't give them the fair chance.

The restaurant provides a great set up to take to the moon, so go for it.