“Good Place to Stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Beach Lexington/Fajitaville near Condo
Beach
Lexington/Fajitaville near Condo
USS Lexington/Downtown viewed from Balcony
Beach from Balcony
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 10 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Maria M
“Do not rent here there are other places that are better as well.”
Reviewed 17 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

The condo was smaller then advertised on the pictures. Wifi was not even working. Tv was so small and stopped working while at the stay

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
26 Aug 2016
I apologize that you feel you may have been misled but the pictures were not taken with the intent of making the room look larger. This is the only complaint I have had on this unit since it was remodeled over a year ago. The TV is 32" which is advertised and there was a cable outage that affected the entire property. In adding to the perfect storm as we have switch cable providers, it has had adversely impacted our internet service.
Joyce M
“Good Place to Stay”
Reviewed 9 June 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Unit was clean, everything stocked as stated. Futon not very comfortable for sleeping on, but we put a blow up mattress on it and that worked just fine. My sister and her husband rented a unit for 3 months so we knew the area and that helped. It was a nice stay and for the price I don't think you can beat it. The heated pool just outside our building was very nice, clean, my granddaughter (5) spent a lot of time in the pool with other children. Woman in the office was nice and courteous. Chris owner/manager is professional and quick to respond to questions and refunded my deposit in a timely manner.

Caroline...
Hallettsville, Texas
“Ruined our weekend”
Reviewed 26 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

We have stayed at Villa Del Solo 3 times and it was great. This 4th visit was the worst of any of our stays any where. Started out with an 8:30am email on Fri. morning stating we will have to be moved to a different condo de to the remodeling as not completed. I replied that was fine as long as the condo we were moved to was same view etc. I later received an email stating if we would delay our 4:00pm check in to after 6:00pm the condo would be completed except for some crown molding, to which I said we had plans for after the 4pm check in but it was ok if the paint was dry. We arrived and spent 1 hour checking in and was sent to the wrong condo. A lady came out and said she had it rented until the next day, so back down to check in and the woman there said that's the number I have for you. She called the owner and he gave her a different number. It was 7:30 before we got to the right condo. We then went out to eat and upon return we were going to take a shower and found there was no hot water and the room was so warm and humid it was sticky. I contacted the owner to which he replied "Every things been going wrong lately" I tried to find a room we could move to at 11pm, but nothing was available until the next day. I ask for a refund to which he replied "I'll drag it out" which he has done. I finally got a partial refund after 4 weeks and telling him I was going to file in small claims court. I would stay here again, just not in a unit owned by Mr. Holt.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: No hot water, AC not working, owners attitude
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Linnea L
Crossville, Tennessee
“It is a pleasant condo in a great location”
Reviewed 13 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

The condo is very small, but was much better than staying in a hotel room for a week. The location in North Beach is awesome. I loved spending time on the balcony where I could see the water and listen to the waves and the seagulls. The room had its quirks like only one burner on the stove working and the temperature was really difficult to control, and a slow drain in the bathtub. The only really bad thing was the cockroaches which were mostly small and crawled in and out of the cracks in the bathroom and hall closet. I found that roaches are a big problem everywhere in Corpus Christi and we lived with it. I was just very careful to keep everything clean and not leave food out. Mostly it was a good place. Chris was very helpful when we decided to stay an extra day and he was available to answer all of our questions. Overall, I'd say it could have been fancier or have less bugs, but I don't think we could have done much better for the price.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The proximity to the water
Liked least: cockroaches
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
homemisc
“super helpful landlord”
Reviewed 31 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Chris is super helpful and quick in response. We had to postpone our vocation last minute and he managed to help us out without any extra charge. He returns phone calls and emails in a timely manner.

Regarding the room, it's the best value I could get around this area. this is a lovely cozy old condo. The description is very accurate and we did see the change of sea color right off our balcony. The rooms are as expected as shown in pictures. Instructions clear and cleaness no problem.

One small complain is that the sofa is kinda old and hard to stand up when sitting in. But we were not here to sit on sofa and watch TV so it did not bother us.

Overall, it's a really good rental experience. Thanks, Chris.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jeffery H
“1240 is a piece of crap”
Reviewed 23 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

This was easily one of the worst places that I have ever stayed. We rented through Chris [--] through airbnb. For some reason I can't write a review on airbnb. Probably because we canceled our reservation and left within 24 hours. The towels were yellow, stained and discolored. The lockbox that the key was in was broken and our host provided the incorrect code so we were locked out until I was able to reach him to get the other code. We paid over $100/night and it was a total ripoff. It's an extremely dirty and noisy area filled. There's no security and it is in an area that definitely needs it. It's not in on the beach, it's on the bay. You're better off going to port Aransas or rockport. We didn't feel comfortable walking anywhere after dark. We also heard scratching in the walls when we were trying to sleep. Clearly there were rodents. Also, the box spring of the bed had a huge hole in it as if an animal had ripped into it. It was just awful. We still haven't been refunded because apparently these issues weren't "severe" enough to warrant a refund.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
13 Aug 2015
I have stayed in this room many times myself as well as about 40 reservations since and none mimicking these complaints. The linen and towels were new from first of the year. Regardless, after 40+ reservations after this one without complaints, the unit was remodeled in July.
Bertram, Texas
Reviewed 2 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: Everything
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
7 Sep 2014
I am at a total loss for this. I work hard to offer a quality product and respond to issues. I responded quickly to your call, offered to help in any way possible. I went out to the condo the next day and did not notice any of the issues and found a couple of dead cockroaches in the closet. That condo has been treated on a weakly basis and it had been recently treated. The payment issues are between you and Flipkey, not me. I canceled your reservation and did not receive any funds from you. The condo is completely cleaned between guests by a housekeeper. Your description of "filth" is completely inaccurate. I am sorry that you chose this forum. While I did not agree with your assessment, nor did the guests who stayed the following day, I still honored it. The guests who stayed in your place in the condo had no complaints whatsoever and are going to be returning guests.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing