“Not sure why they are famous at all.”

Vick's Famous Hamburgers
Ranked #279 of 711 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 17 February 2016

Just my opinion but this was just a burger after work and it was nothing special, not bad just not memorable. Price wasn't bad and fries were good. I went here because it was within walking distance of where I was staying.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

I have driven by Vick's burgers for over 10 years now and finally I decided to stop in. This place has been around since 1975 and it looks like it. Nothing fancy at all, but it's like an old fashioned drive in. For $8.65 I got a bacon cheeseburger, small fries, and a bottled Dr Pepper. The food was fast to come out and the burger had a wonderful old fashioned drive in taste. The burger came dressed with chopped iceberg lettuce, a few dill pickle slices, 2 tomato slices and some chopped onion. It was dry and had no condiments on it at all. I was expecting at least mayonnaise. They did put 3 packets of ketchup and 1 packet of salt in my bag though. There were 2 pieces of bacon, which were not crisp at all and I could not bite through it. It was fatty and limp. I took it off and didn't eat it. The burger was thin and looked like a frozen patty, but tasted much better than it looked. The American cheese was melted well on top of the burger and my food was hot and fresh. They did put a lettuce butt (the center core part) on my sandwich and I didn't understand why as that is a throwaway part to me. It wasn't the leafy part, nope, it was a lettuce butt. The other bits of chopped lettuce though were leafy and fine. The bun was toasted on the inside which I loved, but the top had been put outside down on the grill too so it was charred and looked unappealing. This was okay, but it was mostly bun and the meat patty was so thin that it really needed another patty to call this a real burger. I was still hungry when I finished my meal. The burger was a large size in diameter and fit the bun for the most part. The buns were large and this was comparable to Whataburger only it had better flavor than Whataburger. The french fries were cooked freshly and golden and tender-crisp. They looked like standard Ore-Ida french fries, not crinkle cut or thin shoestring cuts either. They really needed salt and the one little packet was simply not enough. They did taste greasy though and I don't know why that was as they were crispy and tender and not at all limp or undercooked. There is no inside dining here, but they have a corrugated metal garage next to the drive through with picnic tables if you want to dine outside the car or not take this home. The menu here is standard fried American foods such as burgers, shrimp, fish, steak fingers, steak sandwiches, and desserts. Everything seems to be deep fried though so if you have one in your party that is on diet restrictions, there aren't any items available for them. While the burger was tasty, I came away still hungry and I will probably not dine here again. It was okay, but just okay. It was better than Whataburger though but not as filling. While I was here the drive through seemed to stay busy and while the line of cars was only ever a single car, when one left another pulled in, so they do enough business. I'd eat here again if someone else in my party insisted, but I'd rather not. It wasn't bad at all, it just left me wanting more. If you want a really good burger go to Wallbanger's or Five Guys instead.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

On my never ending quest to find a delicious hamburger, I tried Vick's Famous Hamburger's. I had a burger with bacon and veggies and it was delicious. Is it the best, no but very very good. It was fresh, hot and worth the wait. The fries were a little undercooked for my taste, but nicely prepared. The vanilla shake was scrumptious and thick. It was so thick the straw kept collapsing as I dried to enjoy the shake. In the end, a trip to Vick's is a nice surprise.

Reviewed 1 June 2015

Just like the title says, Vicks is pretty good food and I believe it's a Corpus staple. If you are in a pinch or you don't feel like waiting in line at What-a-burger, then scurry on down to Vicks.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We've been eating here for years and truly enjoy the food. The burgers, chicken, and tacos are all excellent. The only issue I have is that the club sandwich literally has one extremely thin piece of ham on it. Don't get me wrong, the sandwich is still good, but they have really started skimping on the ham. Disappointed me because this is my favorite item. However, that won't stop us going there completely. They have a lot of great food. They are extremely friendly as well and the service is awesome. Excellent hometown place to eat.