“Be hungry”

Yalee's Asian Bistro
Ranked #299 of 736 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Reviewed July 13, 2016

We just got in from a road trip and decided to try this place for dinner. The delivery was not too long and reasonable in price. Ordered the sweet and sour chicken with some wantons and egg rolls. Will order only one order of the chicken for us to split next time. Highly recommend giving it a try.

Reviewed July 12, 2016

Visited twice having been drawn in by the "Sushi Happy Hour" 4-5 Mon - Fridays. Thus far, all totaled I've tried their Spicy Tuna Roll & Dynamite Roll. Two others, but I can't find them on online menu as a reminder. Anyway, the thing to know about the Sushi Happy Hour is that there are only PARTICULAR sushi offerings for the happy hour, not the entire selection. Unfortunately, over half of those choices have cream cheese as a filler which is unappealing to me in sushi personally. The "fun" ones, such as dragon, caterpillar, fuji, kamikaze,Yallee, or rainbow rolls, etc..the "high end" choices are NOT available for happy hour. Instead, the choices (at least for me) are limited to non-jalapeno filled/non-cream cheese filled selections which is next to none. That is a real downer for me. The point of a happy hour is to get to try all kinds of sushi, not just "tex-mexed" , deep-fried, or cream cheese infused sushi. Those I tried of the sushi, I enjoyed.

I also have now tried some appetizers - the spring rolls and chicken lettus wrap, by far the best value for buck tasted thus far. Both were tasty, particularly the chicken appetizer which is very large in portions & very, very delicious.

Waitstaff has always been polite & attentive, but not overly so. That's nice.

My impression overall is that in time I will likely stop going there eventually just because I will have run out of choices on the sushi for "happy hour" so what's the point? Yes, the portions are great and the flavors spot on, but I won't be able to afford the traditional dishes such as their pad tai or curries at almost $10 a pop per dish. The atmosphere is nice & all, but I really think they could garner some more interest by at least OFFERING one or two different "specialty" sushis such as the dragon, rainbow, yulee rolls .. at a time and alternate them with the other lower end priced sushi.

Reviewed June 25, 2016

As I understand it,this is a chain.We have been here several times and I really like the Tufu and veggie dish.I recommend it for lunch.

Reviewed June 7, 2016 via mobile

I wanted stir fried veggies and not a buffet. Service ok. Sushi with fried soft shelled crab even with requested jalapeños added was bland. Egg drop soup pretty standard . I had Hunan chicken with veg-good amount, plenty of chicken, good flavor. Husband had a chicken and shrimp combo (sorry can't not remember name) was "not good".

Reviewed March 3, 2016 via mobile

My husband had the Yalee roll and enjoyed it. We shared the spring rolls which were good also!!! And I had the chicken and shrimp jalapeño which was ok. Over all pretty good, not the best but not terrible. Service was great!