“The name is accurate!”

Big Bowl Korean BBQ
Ranked #81 of 762 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

The portions were huge, as the name suggests; we had enough left over for another meal. But on top of that, it tasted great. We had pork and beef bulgogi and loved them both. The pork had quite a bit of fat, but I think that's expected. We got there a little before closing, and the owners were still very friendly and gracious.

Reviewed September 22, 2017

I've never had Korean BBQ so this was a bit of an adventure for me. I do love all other Asian foods so I wasn't too afraid though.

When you walk in the decor is light, airy and welcoming and the lady at the counter is very friendly. She takes all of the orders, brings food out, and packages the to-go meals all on her own and she does it quickly and efficiently with a friendly smile.

I went with another coworker who ordered the chicken katsu with the macaroni salad and the black beans and I had the chicken bulgogi with the cabbage and macaroni salad. I wasn't a fan of the side dishes, but that is just my personal preference. I found the cabbage to be a little boring and the macaroni was just a mayo like sauce with pasta, but my coworker really liked his. The entree with rice and the order of eggrolls we split we amazing and the price is just right. It was $22 for all of our food and we had enough for lunch two days in the office.

This place happens to be pretty close to my office, and with quick service and good food for a good price I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed August 14, 2017

I've been here four times now. I get the spicy chicken meal every time. It's served on a huge bed of glutinous rice with your choice of two sides- my favorites are the kimchi and black beans. It is delicious! I tend to be picky with gristle on any type of meat, but this chicken is absolutely flawless. You can eat every last bite. The owners are fabulous and eager to please. I recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed July 20, 2017

Very humble little place with REAL food that is Delicious! We walked in to a very clean little space in a strip mall. I LOVE Korean BBQ and they had a nice offering. The owner/host was gracious and the food was excellent. The sides are a bit of an adventure. The cabbage is well cabbage finely sliced and did help cut the heat of the spicy pork bbq I purchased. The macaroni was well, macaroni in mayo. Nothing fancy but rice was spot on the meat made me super happy. Totally worth a visit.

Reviewed June 18, 2017

Wow, this was delish and a definate place to come back to. It will be on my comeback eateries. My friend had the #4 pulled pork with 1 hot pepper rating. He also had black beans and kimchi. He said it was very very good. I had the bulgolgi, pulled beef with cabbage slaw and spicy sauce and macaroni salad. All of it was very good.Yummy