“Excellent value!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi Padre IS
Ranked #17 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I've stayed in this hotel twice in the las two years. The improvement in customer service and cleanliness is remarkable! It may not be the newest or the largest, but it gives all the basics while enjoying the excellent north Padre Island beaches. You may not like that they don't clean the rooms every day, they just "tidy it up". This means that they just replace the towels and take out the trash, but after spending four nights there it was not bad at all. The location is just perfect to the beach and close enough to drive for great pizza, hamburgers or Mexican food. I recommend the tortilla soup at Las Palmas restaurant. We kept going back for more during the week. It would be great if they had a pool, but certainly you will have plenty of salt water at the beach. The staff, for the most part are young people with a desire to work hard for your satisfaction. I still don't get why people stay in the Holiday Inn paying at least 30% more when the Hawthorn Suites is such a great value.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms closer to the east side and higher floors to get a nice view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My wife and I were looking for a quiet place close to a beach for our anniversary and the Hawthorne Suites North Padre was perfect. The hotel is almost directly across the street from Michael Ellis Beach.

The staff was very friendly. When they learned it was our anniversary, they moved us to a room with an ocean view.

Breakfast was delicious.

The price of the room was very affordable for the proximity to the beach.

We are looking forward to going back soon with our kids and we definitely plan to give Hawthorn Suites our business.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Reviewed 30 July 2017

We stayed for 3 nights. The staff was nice and the hotel was really nice, clean and very convenient to the beach. The breakfast was really good, hot waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, coffee, juice.... etc... I would highly recommend and will use this place for future stays.

1  Thank 693shirleye
Reviewed 22 July 2017

The front desk staff was rude. Did not listen to what I was saying. Swiped my hole bank account to a $0. When I first walked up I told them I was useing two different cards and still just charged one card. The rooms where not cleaned everyday. The beds where not changed. I had to ask to get them changed and the front desk told me they only change the beds from Monday to Friday. The top blanket on both beds had him on them. The room was left with trash in them everyday. The bathtub was not clean out . The breakfast was the same everyday. There was nothing new. There was a hole in the Conner of the wall in the room. The elevator stoped and broke with people in them. The side door when walking in to hotel was always open. You don't have to have a key card to walk in. The walk to the beach was great. The view from the hotel was amazing. The beds was very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Overall this stay was adequate but upon arrival we were told at first that we did not have a reservation when I was holding my confirmation email and number in my hand. When we got to the room all of the supplies for the kitchen were there and there were no spares of anything under the sink, no dish washing soap, towel to dry or paper towels. On the following morning when I was attempting to brew coffee I realized that the pot was broken. We told the front desk and they quickly gave us another one! The remainder of the stay was quite enjoyable.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

During the high season, it is nearly impossible to find a reasonably priced, clean comfortable hotel. Well, look no more. Just book the Hawthorne Suites. It is clean, well-maintained and has a great staff. The breakfast is great!