All reviews sales manager front desk walmart borrow towels
Reviewed June 18, 2016

I debated whether to stay downtown or at this hotel. In the end, I picked this hotel since it was located near what we wanted to do. I am so glad I did. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean, and it was pretty quiet. They don't serve breakfast, but that wasn't a problem for us since it isn't far to several restaurants or fast food places. Also, Walmart is only about a block away. The bed was very comfortable. I had dropped an ID and the staff found it & returned it to me, thank goodness. They have a pantry where you can purchase snacks or frozen dinners, etc. Also, you can borrow a larger coffee pot, crock pot, toaster oven, etc., if necessary. We borrowed a larger coffee pot. I certainly recommend this hotel. If we ever travel to Corpus Christi again, we will definitely stay here.

Room tip: The rooms on the west side of the hotel face Oso Bay
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Betty A, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Corpus Christi (Flour Bluff), responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2016

Dear Pocahontas S,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. We are also happy that you decided to stay with us!

Our staff works hard to ensure that all of our guests have an excellent experience at our hotel and we succeeded with your stay. Candlewood Suites offers many amenities and we appreciate the fact that you were able to take advantage of them.

We look forward to hosting you again and thank you for making us your hotel of choice in Corpus Christi!

Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

Well I told the staff I would not write good reviews anymore because it was to hard to get in there as it was
The staff from front counter to maids couldn't ask for better service and helpful about places to good and tell you about special deals at place around town

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear David,

Thank you for the great review...you are too funny!

We appreciate your business and always look forward to having you stay with us.

Reviewed June 8, 2016 via mobile

Housekeeping is an extra $10. Floors, doors and walls were not clean & room had a strange smell. Breakfast is not included though they do have a pantry to buy some food items. All in all this place had a strange feeling & the only people we saw staying here seemed to be oilfield workers. Do not recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Betty A, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Corpus Christi (Flour Bluff), responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2016

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am very disappointed to read that your stay did not meet expectations. Please know that your comments have been passed along to our concerned staff.

Reviewed June 2, 2016

The Candlewood Suites in Flour Bluff is in the perfect location, as it is not far from Corpus Christi proper and from the beach. The hotel was quiet and clean, and the staff was courteous and helpful. Although there were a lot of people staying there over the Memorial Day weekend, there was no noise, and I had a high floor room which overlooked the Oso Bay. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room tip: I chose a high floor room away from the elevator, and it was perfect!
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Betty A, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Corpus Christi (Flour Bluff), responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2016

Hi Marge,

Thank you for the 5 star review of your stay at our hotel! We appreciate all of the good things you said.

Our staff works hard to ensure that all of our guests have an over the top experience and it looks like we succeeded with you. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed May 31, 2016

The staff at the front desk were very nice and friendly. The location was great to the beach - Port A and near the mall and many restaurants. Only down fall was the bathroom smelled like urine. We would consider staying there again.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Betty A, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Corpus Christi (Flour Bluff), responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2016

Thank you for writing a review of your stay. We need to know how our guests feel about their stay whether good or bad.

I apologize for the restroom not being up to par. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to ensure that all of the suites are well taken care of and this is not indicative of our hotel. We also appreciate your kind words about your stay.

We hope that you will stay with us again to give us another chance.