Over the past seven years I have been, on and off, to the Corpus Christi area for work. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn on Shoreline, the Omni just up the road, and two of the hotels found in Portland TX.
The Holiday Inn is great if you want to be on the beach (which isn't much to talk about) and go to sleep to the sound of the ocean (if you have a 2nd floor or greater bay side room with a balcony). The cleaning staff take good care of the rooms, and the beds are comfortable. Being well aware of the bed bug epidemic, I have checked when first entering a room and have never once found evidence of a problem, so that is a real plus.
The hotel has seen better days though. The elevators have a tendency to creak and bang during their travel, which could unnerve those not familiar with the inner workings. The place has a tired look about it, and has a very faint smell of mold to it. The exercise room has the standard equipment and it works well, but it obviously has been well used and starting to show its age. The business room is equipped with the standard office equipment, but is useless for anything other than browsing the internet. I tried to print out a pdf file but the system does not have the software to read standard documents. The wireless internet is a hit and miss. Occasionally, the transfer rates were hovering around 5M. They could use an update to the access point infrastructure to include 802.11 n. That and improve the service provider speed.
There is a pool down in the main floor, however, when it is open it is typically full of kids. Not exactly a place where you would go if you were looking to swim a few laps since it is shallow. The hotel seems to be a popular place for young families looking to escape the heat so it is a little more crowded during the summer months.
All in all, if your looking for a place to lay your head at night after a long days work, this one will do. If your looking for a higher end establishment, check out the Omni just a mile up the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the perfect blend of casual relaxation and business convenience, with the most unique hotel location in downtown Corpus Christi. Just minutes from downtown businesses, you can enjoy fresh sea air and sand between your toes as you walk the beach behind our hotel. Our spacious bay front rooms, with fantastic views of the bay and marina, featuring free high-speed Internet connection will allow you to relax and conduct business. Enjoy a hearty breakfast in our dining room or room service on your balcony, or maybe a cocktail at our beach side bar. Just a ten minute drive or open air trolley ride gets you to area attractions, such as Texas State Aquarium or the USS Lexington Museum. After work we will provide transportation to downtown restaurants and entertainment. When its time to leave we will take you to the airport as well. Try Emerald Beach once and we are sure you will return every time you visit Corpus Christi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emerald Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - Emerald Beach Hotel Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Holiday Inn