“Great weekend/Great experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 83 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas
“Great weekend/Great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

Stayed at this hotel at the end of November, during Thanksgiving weekend. Rooms were good, didn't experience anything bad/horrible. I liked the hotel as it was conveniently located near the bay/shoreline. It was a good weekend to get away and do something different. Thinking of returning during the xmas weekend. BTW - good coffee shop.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Donaldsonville, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

This is a very old hotel and it is very run down. Front desk people were unhelpful and unfriendly. We were visiting with my son and daughter in law and their one year old. We were all going to share a two bed room (the baby had her pack and play)...the room and hotel were so awful that my husband and I went and spent the extra money (over $100) to stay at the Holiday Inn Beachfront (a fabulous place....). My kids had to suffer through this hotel because they couldn't afford to get a room on their own. There was no bar, lounge, restaurant, or any other amenities at all except they were pet friendly (we had our dog with us)...The 1st floor front desk area was dirty and smelled moldy. There was a "coffee house" on the corner of the hotel...a good place for people with tats and piercings...not us. Will never, ever stay there again. The swimming pool was in a nice spot, but with no chairs or tables, and it looked very cloudy. I got in to my knees and then I was afraid I'd catch something so we left. Did not get to spend as much time visiting with our son and his family as we wanted. Very disappointing!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Lynn Rick D
MrDonJones, Ninja Sultan at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
Your information says you stayed with us in July, so that may explain the memory lapse. Cassidy's Irish Pub is a fairly prominent feature of our ground floor, and it is definitely a bar. Our Coffee and Espresso Bar, Downtown Coffee, is one of our most popular features, and it is open 24 hours, serving its full menu of sandwiches, beverages, and pastries anytime day or night. We do embrace the alternative cultures, but no tattoos or piercings are required. I personally purchased a number of pool furniture items this past summer and doubled the number of them available at the pool. Our pool is cleaned daily and the chemicals balanced every morning. I find it odd that you waited from July until now to post a review, but perhaps that explains the pool issue, considering that when we are very busy we do sometimes see the need for extra pool treatments, resulting from the large number of people using the pool. Sorry you didn't like the place, but we are glad you found happiness elsewhere. This hotel is not for everyone, but we provide a clean, safe, excellent value in an unbeatable location steps from the Bay and dozens of restaurants and nightclubs. The stodgy and easily perturbed might not feel at home.

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

San Marcos, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

The place may be older but I can't stand the new style sterile style of new hotels these days. Old is not bad. The atrium lobby was very cool I thought. But it's really the espresso bar that makes it for me. They know their coffee too. Coming from the northwest it is nice to find something good instead of the usual Starbucks fare. The room was quite pleasant. I was offered an upgrade to the next level for $20 and I probably should have taken it but the room I was in had what looked like new beds and was very comfortable. The bath was a bit dated but who realy cares? I mean my bathroom at home isn't much different and this one was clean. I turned the new room down and kept the 20 bucks in my pocket. The water in my shower was just as wet I'd say.

Room Tip: Pay the $20 for the upgrade. Its well worth it from what I saw.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

I recently stayed here with my kids for a quick weekend getaway. We wanted to stay downtown and walk to stuff but had a tight budget. The lobby is really cool but dated, however, the room we had was awesome, spacious and looked like a room decorated by Westelm. It even had an extra sink in the room which really came in handy for the number of people we had.

A total surprise was the hip coffee shop attached to the hotel where I had a cup of coffee far exceeding anything from Starbucks!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
El Campo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

I would first like to say, Orlando was a godsend! We actually had made reservations at a different hotel for a weekend trip to Corpus Christi, but that particular place was a nightmare. I called (Have stayed at the Hotel CC Bayfront before) and Orlando assured me he would give us a wonderful, comfortable room at a fair price. We rushed across town, and he did,indeed, deliver on that promise. I was very impressed with the room, bedding, cleanliness, etc. Keep up the good work guys! To anyone considering a visit to CC, and a stay here, Go for it. It is a wonderful place, and you get more than your money's worth!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
san antonio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

Disgusting, dirty, smelly, hot, air didnt work. room was filthy, smelled like mildew, pillow dirty. carpet was torn and stained. roaches everywhere.

Room Tip: Stay at the Motel 8 or motel 6
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
12 Thank eloise t
MrDonJones, Ninja Sultan at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
It's sad that guests choose to prevaricate in order to punish the hotel for following the guidelines we have made widely available. In this case, the guest purchased a non-refundable reservation online, then changed her mind. She has threatened us for some time with a bad review if we did not refund her money. In Texas, use of threats to obtain a monetary gain is a felony called extortion. Non-refundable rates are deeply discounted, and as they are clearly advertised as non-refundable, we do not offer a refund. In response to this guest, we had an inspector come to the hotel to see the room in which she stayed, as well as our pool and other facilities. The inspector wondered why anyone would complain about such a nice room, and found nothing wrong. Everything is in complete compliance with all regulatory authorities, and our rooms and facilities are clean and functional. This guest has now exacted her revenge and we wish her good luck in her future stays elsewhere.
Cibolo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

First of all Orlando Herra your the bomb. My family and I had a horrible night at a different MOTEL. but after arriving at the Bayfront C.C. we met Orlando , he let us go to the rooms and check them out before even booking the room. and after checking out the rooms we went back down to the front desk. We talked to Orlando, he told us the room we wanted was priced at 129.00 plus taxes. We booked the room online and got it for 101.00 with taxes. the beds where so comfortable, the two sinks in the room was good new carpet, new a/c units new decor, new sheets, and plenty of pillows requested more towels and got them right away. Let me tell you we have been to Vegas, Toledo, Virginia, & Florida. This is by for one of the top 2 HOTELS, service was out of this world. and the pool was wonderful on the 2nd floor so the street people could see the children. The in Hotel bar Cassidy's great LITTLE but nice people and the band was good. When we asked Orlando for good food for dinner he not only told us but walked me outside and told me how to get there U & I Steak house great food good price... Thanks Orlando for a great stay and a wonderful room at a great price. I will def. be back and would be saving my money for a longer stay...

Room Tip: book the Bayfront C.C. online for lower rates and get the JR suite Oceanview. and when you check in...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family