“matthew” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
glen burney
“matthew”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I went to this place to stay one week. first i went to office to do my payment and get room key what i have seen lady at front desk she was taking money under table as soon as customer give money she put her in pocket. and give customer room key than i was next she did same to me i ask for my receipt so she wrote in plain paper instade of motle receipt i got shocked but i did not say to her anything i went in my room my god room door was broken there was big whole in door TV was working by light swhich Tv was not working. i was in a room on back side and someone was keep watching out of trailer.I just stay there half day and went to differnt motel. my god that was my bad experience. I will not going back that motel this place need to shut down

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank mary f

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
vt
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

My daughter and I spent one night there to continue our road trip. We checked the review of this hotel b4 booking it (cheaptickets). It wasn't very good, but it wasn't bad, so we tried it. OMG!! we were scared to open the door and turn the light on bc we were not sure what we could find in it. The hotel is old. I right away checked the mattress and blankets. I didn't find anything, but I am not a pro looking 4 bugs. The tub had cigarette burns; even though, it was a non smoking room. we didn't have b.fast there. The hotel is located in a very quiet street. the hotel, even though, was old and somewhat scary, it isn't nasty dirty. But I will drive a little more next time to find a diff hotel. The two star is only bc of its location.

Room Tip: Just drive few min more to find a diff hotel...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

My husband and I travel often. We booked three rooms for one night stay. All rooms were disguesting. Toilets had pee stains, tubs had dirt in them, floors were not vacuumed, I didnt want my family to touch a thing. I had to pull out my lysol before allowing them to use the sink or toilet. I cleaned the rooms. I don't expect fancy furnishings, but a clean room is a must no matter what the price.

The kicker, we had four people staying in each room. We were given two towels per room. I went to the front desk for more towels and was told that they didnt have any, they had a full house. lol The parking lot is only half full.

The pool paint peeling, fire extinguishers falling off walls. The sheets on our beds had stains on them, the lamp shade in room 206 was stained all over. I will really rethink booking rooms at your hotels in the future. I am sure another chain can use our business since my husband travels monthly and we as a family travel at least 2 to 3 times a year. Just horrible

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kclyburn
Fort Irwin, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

This place was horrible. It was dirty my husband and I acctually showered with sandles on. They painted to bottom of the tub. The blankets looked like they had not been washed in 6 months or better. There is a run down trailer park next door. We were in a room on the back side and there was always someone watching the motel from that trailer park. There was a bullet hole in the window. The TV had to be turned on by a light switch and the cable was bad. The channels that did come through were not clear enough to see. We ended up leaving early. When we got a hold of another motel at 9 am they said we could check-in right then, even though check-in wasn't until 3 pm. He said it was a bad neighborhood and we needed to get out of there as soon as we could. And I am so glad we did.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thorntonmichelle
Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2010

staff was very courteous , friendly ...room was okay....not expect like holiday inn rooms........lolz.....

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
nc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2010

I am in the military my wife and I spent the weekend. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The front desk staff is quite nice and they make you feel at home.
Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2010

My room was clean, staff was very accomodating, excellent for the price

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
7.7 km away
15.4 km away
Econo Lodge South
Econo Lodge South
#12 of 18 in Petersburg

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!