All reviews some tlc civil war history enjoyed our stay other guests stay there again overnight stop long drive claudia accommodations restore richmond dog pet wedding
Reviewed June 6, 2018

My hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at this charming Civil War B&B. The proprietor, Claudia was charming and very accommodating. Our room was spacious and decorated in antiques. The breakfast which was chosen off a menu the night before was hot and delicious. A thoroughly delightful visit!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful old house beautifully run by the owner/innkeeper. We were only there for one night but recommend it highly to anyone breaking their trip up the east coast or visiting Petersburg for business or pleasure. All the rooms are comfortable and have lovely decor. The innkeeper makes delicious breakfasts with a lot of choices. This would be a perfect place for a celebration — wedding, anniversary, birthday — with large connecting public rooms and lovely ambience.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2018

We found this place by using a website to "meet halfway." Very well ordered and clean. Every amenity I could wish for was available. We were just passing through, but would stay here again if the opportunity presents.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Don't hesitate to book yourself at this beautiful historic civil war era B&B run with care by its charming owner Claudia. From her warm greeting upon our arrival in the private parking area in the back, through the tour of the spacious and tastefully decorated common areas and guest rooms, the delicious breakfast served at two different times in the morning, and great conversations with Claudia and other guests at the mansion - just a great restorative, uplifting stay for my wife and I!

We used Ragland Mansion as a base to have dinner in underappreciated Petersburg, and explore the battlefield at the outskirts of town. All in all, a great experience that we recommend you enjoy for yourself as well!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annie K
Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to find an interesting place to celebrate our 35th Anniversary. We enjoyed staying at the Ragland Mansion as it was historic and like living in a museum. The breakfast was outstanding. Also, the other people staying were delightful and very interested in history. I would come back anytime to stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple