“Pool probs? Unclean! Pool sickness (RWI RECREATIONAL WATER ILLNESS)”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Route 66 Casino Hotel
Ranked #52 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Pool concerns! Pool had apparent algae staining and hot tub was merky/cloudy. My 5y old dtr, got a burning skin rash after being in water.......they were using alot of chlorine.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Gypsy505

Reviewed 18 March 2012

My family and I live in Albuquerque but we drive out to Route 66 Casino fairly regularly for the restaurants and casino. So, we decided to spend a night out there and it was very nice. We checked in around 3 o'clock in the afternoon and were promptly given a room.The room was big enough for me, my husband, and our 4 young kids. We had an Interstate view and the noise was extremely minimal. After much begging on previous trips, we finally got to use the indoor pool downstairs (complete with indoor waterfall and jacuzzi).

We even opted to use the Kid's Quest children's care. The kids have actually constantly bugged us for them to be dropped off at Kid's Quest to play. The Kid's Quest area is half arcade (with prizes for tickets) and half day care. The day care has a miniature basketball court, a jungle gym, some video games, and even an iPad station with about 3 or 4 iPads with children's apps. The place looks like kid heaven and my kids loved it.

I would say the only thing the hotel does not have is room service. We were a bit bummed about this because when we stay in hotels the kids love having their breakfast brought to the room in the morning. It was not a big thing though because there are 3 restaurants and a buffet downstairs. There is also a Dairy Queen in the gas station in the parking lot.

Overall, it is a good place to stay at for adults and kids.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Frances D
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Great place! Beds and provided pillows were very comfortable, awesome shower water pressure, room refrigerator. Awesome exercise room, indoor pool and very child friendly activities! Just so many positives to list. The only negative was the payout on the slot machines which indicate a 80% payout or better. Not the case at all! The biggest jackpot we saw there all night was $5.00. The buffet though was divine and although you only get a $2.00 discount the food selections offered far surpassed what we paid. A buffet very similar to the famed awesome buffet at the Rio Hotel/Casino in Las Vegas. I finally got to try Churassco Beef with Chimichuri sauce. Very tasty, very tasty. The fried chicken actually tasted like shake and bake (very good) and was not greasy. The food choices were numerous and well made and the desert bar. Well it was just divine. $99.00 a night for a family is great! Unlike other casinos I visited in Albuquerque or Ruidoso and the stay there is very over priced! Kudos to the Pueblo Laguna native American's for a job well done! The place was sold out! The other overpriced stay casinos have a lesson to learn from them. regarding all facets of hospitality!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We stayed here one night just passing through back to the great state of Texas. This place was great except for 2 things: 1)the heater/ac was loud and 2) i dont know how to walk away when I'm ahead!! The room were very nice as well as the bathroom. Shower had the best water pressure i've ever had at a hotel. The casino is clean and well managed with minimal smoke smell. Table dealers were very friendly. We ate at two of the casino restaraunts and though the service at each was mediocre, the atmosphere was great, especially at Thunder Road. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Let me say that I have actually walked in to quite a few roadside casinos and walked right out because of them being filled with smoke and weird stains and smells, but we decided to try it out and stay here. We thought that either it will be really fun, or we will have some really disturbing stories. Well the hotel and casino is much bigger than I expected, very much similar to some off-the-strip casinos in Vegas. It is extremely clean and modern and really comfortable.

The rooms are very neat and absolutely the most comfortable beds that I have had in any hotel, EVER. Maui to Miami. No kidding. Nice big closets and bathrooms. The only negative about the room was that the black out drapes don't close, and as much as you try to mess with them, at 6:00am your room is bright with sunlight. The fun part of the hotel was the different things to do; the gambling, bingo, the quirky gift shop, the buffet, the restaurants, the bars, etc. The worst part was that most of it closes around 11:00pm on the weekdays. The buffet was superb! Sign up for your players club card when you go in so you get a discount, but well worth the money even without it. The staff in the buffet were all very friendly and quick with drink refills which is a rarity anymore. There is a snack bar that stays open for late night bites like french fries, sandwiches, and nachos. Soft drinks and coffee are free and all over the casino. The bartender in the circle bar was very chatty and nice, and there are penny slots as far as the eye can see. The only option for breakfast was the Main Street restaurant but it was vey good and had the same spectacular service as every other part of the casino.

If I lived in the area, or spent some more time on I-40, this would be a place that we would continue to come back to over and over again. It's easy to find, easy to get in and out of, and a much better time than you can actually have at any other roadside layover.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jade A
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I just returned to California from a trip to Tenn. On the way to Tenn. my cousin decided to stop at every casino along interstate 40. I have to say that Route 66 is at the top of the list. I have been to hundreds of casinos in my life and RT 66 has to be one of the best. The employees are all very friendly. The table dealers are great and love to have fun with you while you play. They have great pit bosses. If you are playing a table game be sure and say hello to Robert who is the best pit boss. The food in this place is fantistic. The rooms are large and very clean. We stayed overnite on our way to Tenn. and made it a point to stay again on our return trip. From the people at the travel center to all the people at the Casino and Hotel this place should be rarted number one.
Thanks RT 66 for making our trip so enjoyable.
Ed Allen Garden Grove, CA.

Room Tip: Just tell Jordan what you want and he will fix you up.